MikeyB1124

i did a bad thing

well i have been listening to skydive radio for the past few weeks i started with the first episode. Now I'm up to the 50th one now i think? but doing that is giving me the bug to go skydiving i haven't made a dive yet but i cant stop thinking about it. its something i always wanted to do and this year is gonna be the year !!

MikeyB,

If you’ll go to uspa.org there is a section there that speaks specifically about learning information about skydiving! The link is called “Learn About Skydiving” and is easy to find on the USPA web page. You should look into that. Also, listening to “skydive” radio is cool but you should also think about heading down to your local Drop Zone (DZ) to watch and learn about skydiving in person. Make a list of questions, there will be a member of the DZ that you go to that can answer your questions. Lastly, once you follow through with your 1st jump, you might want to think about joining the USPA. You’ll get a year membership and a monthly magazine that will help fuel your desire to continue jumping.

Good luck with your skydiving adventure!

hey all thank you for the advice and i think I'm gonna head to DZ as soon as i can get out of this stupid truck.
I'm truck driver so unfortunely I'm stuck in this big thing till i can get home in a month. its hard to get these trucks in to airports with out someone raising questions. thanks again for the advise and hopefully ill be in the air soon!!!

hey all thank you for the advice and i think I'm gonna head to DZ as soon as i can get out of this stupid truck.
I'm truck driver so unfortunely I'm stuck in this big thing till i can get home in a month. its hard to get these trucks in to airports with out someone raising questions. thanks again for the advise and hopefully ill be in the air soon!!!

Lots are on smaller airports or can tell you where to park. Some might eaven offer to give you a lift from where you park if there is no where walking distince to the DZ. So once your happy with a choice of DZ give them a call and see what can be worked out.
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

I don't know if you are on a regular route or if you drive cross-country .... once you get you "A" license you could end up jumping at hundreds of different DZ'z.

I'm new to this sport too .. it took me 52 years to get started but now I'm totally hooked ...

My dream would be to visit as many DZ's across this great country as possible and see each one in a different season. I grew up in the North East and I'm looking foreward to getting home and making a few jumps at "The Ranch" in NY. I can't imagine how beautiful it will be seeing that part of the country in autum :)
Do what ever it takes ... but get it done, you will never look back ... let alone you will never see that blue sky the same way again either B|

99% of the people on this earth are sheep ... dare to be different