RB_Hammer

I'm hooked now

Suggestions?

1. Relax.
2. Arch like you mean it.
3. Have fun
3. Start saving money now for gear/jumps later

You left out #4.

4. Stay out at the DZ after your jumping and especially after sunset. You'll get to hang out and meet the people on your DZ as well as get to know them. You'll get a chance to bounce those crazy ideas and questions you're having off your instructors at that time, when they're not busy trying to teach you and then the next student. You would be amazed how much you learn during those times of not jumping.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Don't worry about getting a rig until you've finished AFF. Gear rental is probably included. Wait until you're comfortable under the big student canopies to buy something you'll stick with for a while. Pick up something used and resell it when you're ready for a new rig. Click Safety above and read some of the articles. Pick up a Skydiviers information manual or download it from http://www.uspa.org/publications/SIM/2007SIM/SIM.htm and read it.

Listen to your instructors, relax, and have fun.
BASE 1224, Senior Parachute Rigger, CPL ASEL IA, AGI, IGI
USPA Coach & UPT Tandem Instructor, PRO, Altimaster Field Support Representative

Don't forget to have fun!

I'd suggest waiting on buying gear. Rent gear until you find the canopy size that you get comfortable with. I started AFF jumping 200 sq. ft. and larger. I was jumping a 175 sq. ft. for my level 7 and 8. (I weigh in at about 140 lbs.) I bought a rig at the end of AFF with a 175. (The 175 was as small as I could go with the container.) I sold that and went to renting gear and worked my way through 150's, 145's down to 135's. I currently jump 135 and I plan to stay there until I get at least my C license. My point is that while learning, you downsize a little faster when you try to find that canopy that works best for you. I downsized VERY quickly, but I also asked for advice and input before doing so. I had the recommendation of multiple people before I ever dropped a size. I suggest renting gear until you get settled on a canopy size. This is just one person's opinion, though, so get more input than mine. Some may be just opposite.
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.