Mopzilla

Just getting started

Hello everyone, well I am brand new to this sport. I will be finishing up my final two AFF dives in the upcoming weeks. I jump at Mile High Skydiving in Colorado. I cannot get enough. It amazes me how much there is to this sport and the constant pursuit of perfection it entails. I work in the local ER as a tech and sometimes see those who take swooping to a whole new level. I also like beer. Hope everyone is having a great new year.

Hello and welcome to our wonderfull sport. I see that you like beer and it is a good thing as you will be buying plenty. (Beer Rules) I think I have bought at least 10 cases or so. Anyway, have fun and be safe!!!!

Blue Skies and Stand-up Landings!!!!!!

Welcome to the sport! When you graduate AFF, in addition to the case of beer for manifest, consider buying the snack-shack operator his/her own six-pack. A happy snack-shack operator can help you be a happy skydiver.

Keep us posted with your progress!

I actually work in Longmont so we don't see many skiers. What mountain are you going to? and I will try the tunnel out when it opens. I hear wind tunnels do wonders for free fall skills and help prevent bad habits early. I also need a run down of the beer rules and who should be getting cases vs 6 packs. I've had the same AFF instructor for most of my jumps, he's going to get a keg. I just got an Altimaster III for xmas. Is there any other gear I should be looking into right off the bat?? Good rigs to start off with and such?

What mountain are you going to?

I have no idea! Flyangel2 is my guide. She's also the new tunnel manager.

I hear wind tunnels do wonders for free fall skills and help prevent bad habits early.

yep, yep. If you can afford it, the tunnels are great!

I also need a run down of the beer rules and who should be getting cases vs 6 packs. I've had the same AFF instructor for most of my jumps, he's going to get a keg

I've never heard of anyone getting a 6 pack or a keg. A case is usually good for everything. There is a list of beer rules somewhere on here, just do a search.

Is there any other gear I should be looking into right off the bat?? Good rigs to start off with and such?

People usually get their altimeter, helmet and jumpsuit first. Wait a bit on your rig until you downsize some. Talk to your instructors about what you should get. It's one of the most asked questions around here so you should find plenty of info on the site about that.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Today I was the first out the door in a King Air and it was just me, myself and I. I planned my own dive and dived my plan. I tracked and did 180s repeatedly. I decided to do this on my own and with the advice of an instructor jumping with another student. This is because I think tracking is cool (and most importantly a valuable skill) and because I want to be able to nail my turns for my A license check dive.

I am going to start working on Categories G and H of the Integrated Student Program in the SIM. Your instructors will introduce to this after you get done AFF. Good luck!