Speedgirl

WEEEEEEEE!

I loved it and would love to get lisenced but it might be a little while...Looks like you have been doing it quite often! Any suggestions would be great!

Well, what is holding you up from getting your license? Time, money or both?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

:( Both right now. I fractured my ankle awhile back and still paying on that even after insurance! I could probably find more money than time right now though, I just wouldn't have time to keep current and consistant. i work at a dental office and having to commit here now is my dead weight! Keep encouraging me and maybe I'll get a wild hair...LOL
SPEEDGIRL

Well, since you live in a cold weather area, it might be good for you to wait out the winter and start in the spring. If it's cold on the ground, you should feel it at 13,500 ft! :o In the meantime, you can pay off your bills, make a plan for getting out to the dz at least every other weekend and read the forums so you can gather a whole bunch of info and stay excited!
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

or plan a vacation to go someplace warm to try to bang out AFF from start to finish... this is really the best way to do it... just bring enough money so you can do some jumps over, do some coached jumps, and do some tunnel time.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

I'd like to know what most skydiver's do for a living where they can be consistant and have money to do this everyother weekend?

Thinking about some of the 'regulars' at the DZ I go to...
- Teacher
- Semi truck driver
- In the Air Force
- Construction (residential)
- Construction (commercial)
- Work at TV station (not a face on the air, but a producer or similar)
- Waiting tables

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

There are threads in Bonfire about what people do for a living. Most people actually hold down pretty good jobs. There are also those who choose to live with very little material items so that they can skydive more often.

I'm sure there are a lot of things you can do without that you don't realize. I know if I go shopping, I'll compute how many jumps an item equals before I decide if I really need it or not!

Also, when I needed to by my first rig, I got a second job in the evenings. It sure made for some long days, but it wasn't forever and it was nice paying for it with cash.

Well, since you live in a cold weather area, it might be good for you to wait out the winter and start in the spring. If it's cold on the ground, you should feel it at 13,500 ft! :o In the meantime, you can pay off your bills, make a plan for getting out to the dz at least every other weekend and read the forums so you can gather a whole bunch of info and stay excited!

Great advise. I am a full time business manager as well as a single Mom of two kids it took a long time for AFF even longer for my own gear. I still basically only jump on Sundays during, spring summer and fall. I work at the DZ half the day to help defer cost.
"Cloudy Skies look different through skydivers eyes. Is that a hole in the clouds I see?" Let's get driving!

Blue Skies and Sweet Dreams

Any suggestions would be great!

RELAX.....that is the most important thing....and dont get frustrated.....most people spend hours a day perfecting what they do......we get one minute at a time.

thats the best advise i can give.

And sell everything you dont need for skydiving money :P

And since you asked.....im in the Army and i work at the DZ as a tandem instructor and videographer
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

I'd like to know what most skydiver's do for a living where they can be consistant and have money to do this everyother weekend?

Thinking about some of the 'regulars' at the DZ I go to...
- Teacher
- Semi truck driver
- In the Air Force
- Construction (residential)
- Construction (commercial)
- Work at TV station (not a face on the air, but a producer or similar)
- Waiting tables

Eule

Hummm..interesting list...I would want to add

- Military (Army, Navy and Air Force *Cali is so diverse..love it)
- Auto Mechanic
- Sales
- Real Estate people (The whole fricken gambit..sales to loan officers..LOL)
- And when in Cali, you cant forget the all knowing "entertainment field" (Jump out of a plane with an actor working on geting prepped for his next part. Fun watching the look on his face when you tell him the plane is broken at 8,000 feet.

...Happiness is just a drool away....mmmmm....

Um, she lives in Colorado. We jump all winter long here! Last winter, about two thirds of the weekends were jumpable! Not to mention that big fan that's being built on the south side of Denver ;)

Um, she lives in Colorado. We jump all winter long here!

Well, see, I live in Florida. Any place north of GA is too cold to me to jump at in the winter. ;)

Have fun at the tunnel!

Um, she lives in Colorado. We jump all winter long here!

Well, see, I live in Florida. Any place north of GA is too cold to me to jump at in the winter. ;)

Have fun at the tunnel!

Preach it sister. I am of the FULL belief..if the temp drops below 65 degrees F..Call off school..WINTER has arrived. Droolbaby don't do the cold...I just hate landing with icicles hanging from my lower lip.

...Happiness is just a drool away....mmmmm....