Musicman

New to this groove, but stoked!

Hola!

Another newbie here.

I'm making my very first jump tomorrow @ Skydive Dallas. Any tips, questions I should ask, critical do's/don'ts, jitters..anything at all would be appreciated...BUT, I am completely revved!

Thanks,

Musicman B|

(by the way, VERY cool forum. look forward to chatting with you guys and gals)

I would ask any questions that you have concerns about. The more relaxed you will be on exit will relate to a better skydive. Do not think there are any silly questions to ask your instructor.

There is a link below to a skydiving glossary, but you will pick up most of the lingo on the way.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/safety/detail_page.cgi?ID=35

Welcome to the forum and please post back and let us know how your first jump went.

One thing to add, listen to your instructor and if you do not understand, ask. When being assisted on landing, remember its not a theme park ride and follow the target assistant in a reasonable timeframe. You will have plenty of time in the future to enjoy the view and do funky things under canopy.

I really appreciate it. I will definitely post back as soon as I get home. My first impressions of this site and the people in it are first rate and very helpful. Especially beginners. Everyone had a first time, right?

Forecast for Dallas weather tomorrow looks picture perfect!

Adios,

Musicman

AFF, baby! I wanna get things goin!

I've never done this, but the people I'v talked to just can't get enough. What about you? What's your local DZ.(Forgive if Isound ignorant about the lingo). Got any tips?

Yes, skydiving can very easily become addicting, so prepare for starting to calculate anything you buy in jump tickets.:D
I hope to make it to Skydive Dallas in April, I will have my A and my own gear, so that sounds like the perfect time to come visit.:)I used to jump at SkydiveAirtight in Skiatook, OK, but my new home is Skyranch, Siloam Springs in Arkansas. Have a great time with AFF! ;)

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

AFF, baby! I wanna get things goin!

I've never done this, but the people I'v talked to just can't get enough. What about you? What's your local DZ.(Forgive if Isound ignorant about the lingo). Got any tips?

Yes, skydiving can very easily become addicting, so prepare for starting to calculate anything you buy in jump tickets.:D
I hope to make it to Skydive Dallas in April, I will have my A and my own gear, so that sounds like the perfect time to come visit.:)I used to jump at SkydiveAirtight in Skiatook, OK, but my new home is Skyranch, Siloam Springs in Arkansas. Have a great time with AFF! ;)

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...