flyontheground

Newbie!

Thanks Skymama,

I'm sure there will be a learning curve here so bear with me. Thirty-seven year old male looking for encouragement to take my first jump (out of an airplane!) Going to Western Carolina where a friend wants me to take the big leap. Have people fainted after leaving the plane on their own? I know the first several times you are tethered to the instructor, I'm just curious as to how people have responded on their first solo. Thanks, Kevin (My frie

nd has yet to solo)

It helped. I don't think anyone could sleep through it.Encouragement is here, the rush of freefall is undescribeable. What makes you actually jump from a perfectly good airplane comes from within.

Here is a quote from DZ "If you're not living on the edge, you are taking up to much space". I am 44 and just got to freefall this year. (solo) I love it.

Besides you can cheat death at least once!

I'm sure there probably has been someone who has passed out before, but I don't think it is a normal occurance. It's quite normal to be nervous on your first few jumps. Just go for it! :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon