dguy

"Old" student saying hello

Hi, just discovered dropzone.com, so thought I'd introduce myself. Did my first RAPS jump back in 1999, progressed well - 1st Freefall on Jump 6, then disaster struck on Jump 7 - deployed on my back which resulted in left leg caught in front & rear risers and being pulled up my back. With the words of my instructor "if you get an entanglement don't cut-away" going through my mind I just pulled on my leg as hard as I could - I managed to free myself by 1800' but had severely injured my knee in the process (Snapped ACL, rupture PCL & MCL). I got back in the air in 2003 and did 1 static line descent, the next six visits to the DZ resulted in no jumps because of the naff UK weather, needless to say I got a little despondent. I've now decided that if I'm ever going to succeed (before I'm to old) I need to go somewhere warm to do AFF - probably Freefall University at Lillo, Spain.
Thats enough about me!
Blue Skies
Dennis

Wow, Dennis, way to stick it out! I hope you can do AFF and get back in the sky! I injured my MCL on jump 10 with a bad landing (I should've PLF'd).

Best of luck with AFF! Stay safe! :)
Jeth B|
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site