JWB

Hooked on Skydiving

Hi all, my name is Jerry. I got my A lic. in Oct, went to Eloy for the Thanksgiving Boogie (only had 40 jumps). Now I'm back in South Dakota wandering who invented snow and what the heck is this work thing.

All Blue
jerry

Thanks! Learning to snow board would be great. So far I just put on more clothes and keep jumping. I got in 2 jumps yesterday(12-11-04). Congrats on your A lic. Do you live this sport as much as I do?? How is life down under???

Did I have a good time!! Oh man. Everyone was great. Finding people to jump with was not a problem. The people there tought me alot. Thanksgiving Day was the best jump day I have ever had!! I could go on and on but I wont, lets just say it was a week I will never forget. Thanks for the welcome.

Congrats, Jerry! Welcome to the club:S

40 jumps and you already have boogie fever.....:D:D:D...man, now youbknow what we all are having such a good time with.....B|
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Sounds like me: 5 jumps in '78, didn't start again until '04!! Should have stayed with it. The sport has changed so much we have a lot of catching up to do. All my jumps in '78 were on T-10s with T-10a reserve. Heavy boots and sore ankles. Got real good at PLFs!!

Sounds like me: 5 jumps in '78, didn't start again until '04!! Should have stayed with it. The sport has changed so much we have a lot of catching up to do. All my jumps in '78 were on T-10s with T-10a reserve. Heavy boots and sore ankles. Got real good at PLFs!!

My God...yep...the same....I'm a Z-hills trained PLF expert!
Funny how the one time I needed to PLF, it all came back as natural as can be...didn't even have to think about it....:S....I did get to jump a Paracommander once and thought it was SO cool that you could actually steer it a little! :D:D:D

Do remember "throw in the direction of the spin"?

Welcome back
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I have been trying to remember "throw in the direction of spin". The only thing that comes to mind is we had to throw out the pilot chute of the T10a if it did not deploy itself. Is that what you mean? If we had to cutaway (you remember with the capewells) a Stevens System was supposed to deploy the reserve. All that consisted of was a rope attached to the main risers on one end and to the reserve handel on the other.