Yeeeeha

G'day

Great place you guys got here.

Did my first jump (tandem) just under a week ago and it blew my mind.
I'm really keen to start the AFF course. Just wondering due to the cost of the first 8 or so jumps I'd only really be able to do one month, perhaps two on occasion depending on circumstances. Is this going to be a problem, as I understand staying current is an issue?

Cheers

hi there
great to see you jumping:)any thing great(extraordinary ) isnt Free but i must say the first jump is the most Exspensive
and it does get less expensive at each level you pass!
as for the currency thing its up to your Dz and their instructors to evaluate the climate and your skill level which equals progresion, to move you on to the next level
stay safe steve:)
If you can't kill yourself doing it, its not a sport... its a game.

Risk factors do not add up, they multiply

Notice my low jump numbers
Due to financial considerations, I guess I am what you would call a "casual" skydiver. If I could I would be at the DZ every week but due to obligations and finances I jump about twice a month.
I did AFF this way and have not progresed as fast as those who jump more frequently but even if my exits are not what I wanted and I PLF more often than not, I still love the jump.
Jumping more frequently will be easier and your skills will improve faster, but do what you can do.
As long as you stay current and don't endanger those on the load with you you will progress.
The longer I wait between jumps, the more anxeity I have on my first jump of the day, but ones I leave the plane and get some "breeze between my knees" the troubles that I had seem to melt away.

If it something you love you will find a way.

Sorry for the long post. Good luck in the sky.