johnnyboy

Newly Graduated AFF Student!!!

:)
I just finished AFF 2 weeks ago, and I logged my 13th jump yesterday!!!!

I must say, I have gotten so much more from this sport than I ever expected. The amazing people at the dropzone (Taft) have treated me like family. I stayed there the weekend I graduated AFF and partied with everyone. We drank beer, whiskey, and to-kill-ya, and talked about jumping until 2 in the morning! Its amazing how passionate everyone is and how we can all get along so well because we have such a huge passion in common!

My first tandem was September 13, 2003, when we went for my brother's birthday. I was sooo addicted, that I got a group of 5 more friends and returned to Perris to make another tandem jump on 12/27/03. Soon after, I contemplated joining AFF, more for the challenge and the sense of confidence. On 2/15/04 (the day after Valentines, no I did not have one), I made my first jump. For the continuing months, I was very scared and thought of quitting. But, in the last 6 weeks, I did 8 of my 13 jumps, and gained such a passion, I really believe there is NOTHING more fun than flying with my body and my brain as the pilot.

I have SOOO much to learn and so many places to jump at. I still get very nervous on the plane rides up and I still eat shit every time I land, but I still have a blast.

I just wanted to join dropzone.com because to me, you are already my family. Skydiving seems to be the largest and friendliest fraternity in the world, and I dont ever want to leave.

One big problem, though, is my jumping is going to be very limited shortly when I start law school in a couple of weeks. So, I will have to rely on YOU great people to keep me motivated :-)

If anyone here lives in Los Angeles, please drop me an email. I would love to meet up for dinner or drink (especially if you are a cute girl :-))

Thank you all, and I hope to see you in the skies soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ALL ROCK!

Oh, and before I go, let me leave you with the quote that has gotten me through life in the past year: "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, although checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither suffer much nor enjoy much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat" Theodore Roosevelt

BLUE SKIES!!!!
jumpers ARE better all around people than whuffos

;)Hey Johnny, I was wondering when I would see you on here. I got your message, but there was so much static, I coulndn't hear your phone #! Congradulations again on graduation & it was such a pleasure meeting your father as well. Everyone at Skydive Taft is so proud of you. YOU DID IT.....

We will be out of the state for the next few weeks, but hope to see you before you start buckling down on the school books. Welcome to the forum, & hope to see you soon...

Blue Skies!

Andrea,

;) Thanks for the reply. You are very friendly and sweet. Thank you :ph34r: Very typical of all the jumpers I have met.
Where do you jump? Have you ever been to Taft? As soon as I get good enough to do some RW, we should jump :)Feel free to email or call me

Lori!!!

Thanks for teaching me and for keeping me calm. We have to get back in the air so I can get some more experience, and you have to practice with the camera on. :)My dad had a GREAT time with you and Andy. I have gone back twice since then, and the first thing my dad asked was if you guys were there. He said you showed him great hospitality, and you DEFINITELY made me feel at home. It was a great weekend, and I cant wait until the next time we can party like that at night, and jump all day!!!
School for me starts 3 weeks from today. On August 6-8, I am thinking of coming out for the full weekend. Maybe you and Andy can be there?!? :)After that, I will be able to come out once every 3 or 4 weeks to do at least 1 jump ( I will definitely need the stress-relief ;)) Then in December, when the King-Air comes back, I plan on spending at least 2 weeks jumping there, knocking out my A license, and hopefully most of my B.
Also, thanks to you, I talked to Ralph! I cant quite afford a new jumpsuit yet, so I gave him the measurements Andy took for me, and he is going to find me a used jumpsuit and helmet. Corky gave me a great deal on an Alti-3 , and thanks to you and Andy, I have goggles :)Also, the pictures came in!! You definitely captured the after party, but you arent in the pics!!!! Anyways, I got some doubles I will bring out when you guys are there. Keep me posted on when you will be there, and as soon as I get my license, I will come out to some new DZ's with you.
My number is 818-259-1137. Call me so we can go to dinner.
Other than that, thanks so much for the reply, and tell Andy I said hi. I cant wait to jump with you again!!! :$

You are very friendly and sweet

Thank you very much. :)

Where do you jump? Have you ever been to Taft? As soon as I get good enough to do some RW, we should jump

I live and jump in FL most of the time. If you click on someone's screen name, you can find out their information if they have filled out their profile.

Better work on your freeflying skills too, that's what I do most of the time. ;)

By the way, you might not want to post your phone number in the forums. You never know when some wise-ass, drunk dialers might decide to have a little fun with it. The PM feature on the site is a great way to send messages to people.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I wont be in Florida for a while :(
But I heard and read a lot about your home DZ!! I would love to check that out sometime.....but after some experience :)I definitely plan on learning to freefly. For now, however, I need to learn more bellyflying techniques.
Let me know if you do make it to CA, and be sure to come out to Taft! Wouldnt you be coming out this way for the nationals anyway?? Let me know.....:)

ANY ONE WANT TO COME JUMP WITH ME AT TAFT ON TUESDAY AUGUST 2????

They have some tandems early that morning so the pilot will be there. I told them I will come out to do a couple jumps. Any want to join me? I do suck, but we can have fun :)
Let me know!!!!!

Wouldnt you be coming out this way for the nationals anyway?? Let me know.....

LOL...Nationals? Me? :ph34r: I'm just a fun jumper, I don't get out to the dz enough to be a competitor.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

y0 Johnnyboy,

droppin in to say what up, Congrats on your AFF graduation, BIG UPS TO SKYDIVE TAFT. you're soo right on that, taft does take care of you and, they do treat you like family. keep having fun. don't flare too high like you always say you do. which, i think you do just fine. and, keep flying those blue skie's dog! i'm most likely to go w/ you on August 2nd! ;)
p.s. regaurding your e-mail?

hit me up at [email protected]

you got my full support.

your friend,

Mash

No :( I wont be coming out on the weekend. I just moved into my new apartment today and I have to settle in. I am coming on Tuesday if you can make it for a jump or two.

What about in two weekends? If you go out then, I will come out for the entire weekend. ;) Also, Andy can make me that video and you can practice with the camera on me :)
Talk to you soon..........