StangFlyer

Hi from a Detroit newbie...

Hi everyone. I just thought I would introduce myself to the forum regulars as I am new to the site. I am a relative newbie to skydiving. I did five AFF jumps back in 1998, but then did not jump again until just this past Friday (my sixth jump). However, I am looking to get into it much more now, finish my AFF training, and get my first license.

I am in the Detroit area of Michigan, but I actually drive up to Grand Bend, Ontario, Canada where I jump at the [URL "http://www.skydivegrandbend.com"]Grand Bend Sport Parachuting Center[/URL] there. My instructor is the DZ owner, Bob Wright. Bob, his wife Mary, and all the other staff are just great up there and everyone is very friendly. I decided to go up there originally after talking to just about every DZ in Michigan and I'm very happy with my decision. I'd definitely recommend them to anyone who is interested in taking the plunge.

Any ways, I will be trying to learn as much as I can now as I move forward to continue increasing both my skill level and jump count. I hope to make a lot of new fellow skydiving friends within something that is quickly becoming a new love. I guess I must like adrenaline, as my other big interest is racing. I've been into modifying cars and drag racing most of my adult life. I also own an 800 horsepower, highly modified Mustang that I drag race, as well. Although, a jump from 13,000 ft certainly tops a 9-second quarter mile any day! :o

Here's some sweet video of my [URL "http://www.danmcclain.com/videos/DanMcClain-Skydive-6thJump.wmv"]Sixth Jump[/URL]

--
StangFlyer