quack

!olleH

Hey there. I've been lurking the forums for a bit and must say it's a welcome relief from others (rec.skydiving, CSPA Chat, etc..)!

I tried to (gulp!) get away from jumping for awhile, restarted the golf game and was doing quite well until I discovered my handicap was more than a number.....

Anyway, I ended up at Gold Coast in Mississippi on a work related trip ;) and renewed the interest. The place is great, the people are fantastic! I'll be hanging around this URL for a bit...

But you have to understand, mental illness is like cholesterol. There is the good kind and the bad. Without the good kind- less flavor to life. - Serge A. Storms

I tried to (gulp!) get away from jumping for awhile, restarted the golf game and was doing quite well until I discovered my handicap was more than a number.....

welcome, but why did you try to get away from skydiving?

welcome, but why did you try to get away from skydiving?

I did a fair number of jumps in a short time (1000 in 3 years), was instructing, competing, living at thedz half the week, ad nauseum, ad infinitum. Anyway, I just needed a break to do some other things, like skiing, SCUBA, find a new job,...

But you have to understand, mental illness is like cholesterol. There is the good kind and the bad. Without the good kind- less flavor to life. - Serge A. Storms

Welcome Back!

How long were you away?

Did you look at the sky a lot while you were on the golf course?

I was "away" for a while between getting hooked and getting serious about completing AFF. It was torture.

Sounds like you have other interests that have not been entirely extinguished. That's probably healthy. Some of us have trouble managing competing interests...

B|

Chad

good friends, blue skies, and sweet, sweet altitude...

Thanks!

Yep, I still have trouble with varied interests. Unfortunately I pick all of the ones that are $$. I'm still considering Formula 1 racing.....

Welcome to the fourms! :)

Well, I looked at them as being complete opposites: Golf is "whack....f#@k"; Skydiving is "F#@k.....". SCUBA is the same as jumping: you're done if you run out of air. :)
In all cases there is one common thing - the more relaxed you are, the better you do.

Hey Is that a picture of the plad jackets CReW team.

Why yes it is! It's my 1000th, with Peep and Squirrel. I'm the one in the middle, if you can figure out where the middle is.

You must know Homer, Paul and Gav?

Yes I do very well acctually I have know them sins i was a kid.

and i miss Gav alot and so dose everyone at mile high parachuting. I started skydiving this year after a long time of watching the others jump

We all do here as well.

Welcome to skydiving and the forums then! Maybe you will get out to Eden sometime. I could tell you stories of rooming with Gav at the Worlds...

are iu originally from Alberta or did U jump other places to.

Started here at Eden North. The best dz north of the 49th. Spent a LOT of time in Eloy during the winters though. It's like a second home.B|

Welcome to the forums!

I am hearing you say that you were seeking some balance in your life, thus your brief escape from skydiving.

I too have balance to maintain in my life with full-time military career, family, church, etc. What I have going now is working quite well.

Anything is possible!!
Arrive Safely

John