Skybums

Re: [airtwardo] No pull from 2000 m on 24th birthday and got killed

Hi

Sounds like a great idea, to collect and donate gear to our fellow skydivers.

I´m thinking about all the 12 year old Cypress wich cannot be jumped legally in most countries after their 12 year.

Could they be jumped in some countries ?

They will probably work well for another 4 years, with only a battery change.

I know that Airtech will probably say NO, they cannot :S. But we all know why ;).

I don´t now the rules in other countries, but if it would be a choice of jumping with nothing (or some crap) or a outdated Cypres, i know what my choice would be any day.

Just a tought.

Best Regards

Allan (fortunate enough to jump with a Cypres2)

There is no rule about cypres in Serbia... Last time, I was there (2 years ago), nobody had a cypres...
Those guys would be very happy if they could get something from here (US)... even if it's old equipment...
If anybody needs and wants... I can provide a few skydiving club addresses from over there.

I agree, I think that is a great idea we should consider!!

In South Africa as far as I know the rule is that students and tandem rigs must have an airworthy cypres, the choice is yours as to whether you have an out dated cypres or not!

I too would rather jump a 12 year old cypres than none at all! How would we go about it, donating etc??

"Most of us can read the writing on the wall; we just assume it's
addressed to someone else!" Ivern Ball

Hi

In Denmark where i live, you cannot jump a 12 year old Cypres.

So there will be some out datede models soon:)
But the thing is that Airtech pays about 100-120 $, for the outdatede models to remove them from the market. This will offcourse be a issue for those who wants the 100-120 $ >:(. I would rather donate mine than recive that amount :).

There is offcourse a lot of issues on how to collect and distibrute old gear. Anybody ever tried anything similar ?

It will cost money to do all this [:/]. But sponsors could maby solve this issue, and i even think that the media would like this story :)
I would be glad to start a collection here in Denmark, and if others would do the same around the globe, this could be really big.

Let´s get a lot of input here on how to do this :)
Allan R.

Guys, I read this and simply can't believe it! So it is true, skydivers are brothers and sisters, no mather the country they live in, the standard they have, or experience or type of rig! Since 1997. I was present and have seen with my eyes two guys dying and heard all about the third guy (19 years old, died on a first jump!). All of them would still be around only should they have better equipment. If there is really some equipment that can be donated, I sugest that we in Belgrade organise an international boogie during the summer, dedicated to my friend Dejan Nenadovic, everyone who wants to donate something could come here and bring stuff. In return you could get nice free jumps and many new friends. The most beautiful part of this is that you know you helped saving some lives. Who knows, maybe from Dejan's terrible accident, something good can come along.

PS This is Dejan's photo in the attachment.
What we do in our lives, echoes in eternity.

Hi Ivan

There was no attachment!

Belgrade is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever been to! I think we should move this topic to another forum, any ideas?

:)

"Most of us can read the writing on the wall; we just assume it's
addressed to someone else!" Ivern Ball

sorry, the attachment was too big. It's ok now. Dejan was one-of-a-kind guy, one can never forget him. Used Cypres? Probably not a good idea if 12 years of function affects it's operations. Yet, I believe that manufacturor gives the bottom line period for use, like in everything else we use in skydiving. Your cannopy strings are tested for weight that exceedes normal human weight up to 10 times (or more?). I would use it normaly but I agree that the factory should give it's opinion anyway. I agree to move this discussion to some other forum, maybe the moderator has some idea.
PS Thanx for compliment, Belgrade is great, we had 12 years of rough time, wars etc., but it is a great place to be.

ohhhh... my god... I met this guy somewhere... (Paracin or on Lisicji Jarak during Vidovdanski kup... I'm not sure)... I'm so sorry!
About the cypres: what you think, what will the manufacturer say? They want you to buy a new aad... not to use the old one... that way they wouldn't make money...
ok... let's leave the cypres... how about some old rigs... or some harness/container... at least with a 3ring system... many of them in serbia have a 2 shoulder relese system...
In the attachment you can see what jumps 70% of people there... it's called Kluz-1... shame...

You are right, Dejan was in Lisicji jarak, it's our home DZ. And yes, K1 is really a museum piece! Thanks god, even here it is going out of use, your 70% estimation is way to high since the Kluz factory issued a document that they no longer want to take responsibilities for gear they made that's older than 15 years. Also, local skydiving authorities are doing all they can to make this sport safe in Serbia. In past few competitions I went, everybody had 3ring. Still, only few (I can remember 5) Cypreses exist in civil use here (some special forces have more of them). So, what do you think about this "sales result" in a 10 million country for Cypres? Wouldn't they rather offer something cheaper and sell 50 at once?

I don't think that they care about the Serbian market, where they have sold just a dozen... If they announce that the cypres is good after 12 years, jumpers from all over the world will start using the expired devices... and they will be in big trouble (financially)