dbagdrew

44th Jump Story (kind of long)

please for the love of God
this was a BS jump nothing happend
and know one cares
if it was a cool jump i could see u wanting to brag but give us a brake already
I feel asleep reading it after 2 minutes so did anything even remotely cool happen

More intelligent prose from 1072! Once again, I am stunned at the wisdom and eloquence of your words but let me ask you, what kind of "brake" would you like?!?! Would you like a disc brake or a drum brake? Deep brake or shallow brake? Maybe a Jake Brake is what you are after?
There is break chord and there are brake lines so before you go slamming shit that you don’t have to read please learn to communicate in proper English.

Thanks in advance

P.S.- I think you meant "no one" but I could be wrong.

haha..good one:ph34r:

please for the love of God
this was a BS jump nothing happend
and know one cares
if it was a cool jump i could see u wanting to brag but give us a brake already
I feel asleep reading it after 2 minutes so did anything even remotely cool happen

I included a disclaimer at the top precisely for people like you. I would have thought you would have noticed the first line and not read it. No one is forcing you to read every single post that anyone posted.

For the record, I have got several PM's from people expressing gratitude for posting something other than the dribble that so often gets posted (until Maggot got banned of course).

Some people find this kind of analysis helpful and interesting. You are not one of them obviously. Does that bother me? No. Am I going to stop when I am finished with everything I can think of? Yes.

I think, personally, that jumpers should have a more analytical approach, and have good reasons for the the decisions that they make. I was trying to help with that, that's all.

By the way brake is not the same as break.

Edited to add: SabreDave beat me to the Brake/break thing.
Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid,
the vast limits of their knowledge. - Mark Twain

That's it, you are banned for an additional two weeks from this forum for sh*tslinging and poor grammar!
"It takes a big man to cry, it takes an even bigger man to make that big man cry"

i wasn't there but.............why didn't you just use a 46" f111 pilotchute and go and throw??? i seems like the s/l was kind of a problem?

I was thinking about this, and was wondering if it is a common trend or thought among BASE jumpers to take freefalling from that height that lightly. A freefall from under 250' seems like a big risk to me, and something that I would take a long time to think about.

While pondering that I found an Article by Dwain Weston, called 'Go Long, Not Hard'. Here is a quote:

A few pointers:
Freefalls from under 250’ over hard earth: They work most of the time but remember p/c’s sometimes hesitate, canopies sometimes take a little longer to open and pressurise than usual, downdrafts sometimes exist, and offheadings sometimes occur. If you regularly freefall under 250’ two of the above things will eventually occur together and an injury will most likely result. If three or more of the above things occur together then you may die.
It is up to each individual to decide how many times they want to roll the dice and see if they can getaway with it, but it is only a matter of time.

I hadn't read this before and thought it was good.

Here is a link to the article:

http://miller28.server101.com/discus/articles/golong.html

I'm sure it has been posted before, but I thought It wouldn't hurt.

Here is a link to a few more articles:

http://miller28.server101.com/discus/messages/14/14.html?1110599010
Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid,
the vast limits of their knowledge. - Mark Twain

What's not cool is jumping on a newbies head for telling one of his BASE stories.

Sometimes stories with pros, coke & midgets are entertaining; sometimes real jump stories from newbies are entertaining.

If anyone finds either story tedious, they've always got the option of not reading it.

I was thinking about this, and was wondering if it is a common trend or thought among BASE jumpers to take freefalling from that height that lightly.

Not exactly sure how everyone else would do it. But here in NY, generally the biggest shit talker of the night (we all take turns being him) would pca the first two and then follow hand held. this way no one deals with windy messy bridals or snagged pc's on the object. Plus that silly shit talker has to put his money where his mouth is!

"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
Hunter S. Thompson