mostwanted

tracking gear with and without full body armour

i almost don't know anything about tracking gear and body armour. here is my little question:

maybe i will start base jumping in 2009.
maybe i will buy a buy tracking pants and a tracking jacket in 2008 to make some skydives with it.
i guess i would wear pretty much of body armour if i start base jumping.
i do not wear body armour on my skydives.

(how) will tracking gear work properly with and without the full body armour beneath it?

compared with summer you will also wear much more clothes unterneath in winter, wouldn't you? is that an issue?

yes it will work. you would wear the trackin suit as the outer most layer. the body armor closer to the , ehm, body. infact, fyyi, tracking pants are worn OVER the leg straps of the harness.

my opinion tho: dont worry to much about BASE right now if your planning an entry to the spot in 08 or 09. worry about skydiving and how that sport can kill you.

thanks for your post.

yes it will work. you would wear the trackin suit as the outer most layer. the body armor closer to the , ehm, body. infact, fyyi, tracking pants are worn OVER the leg straps of the harness.

if this was all i would have to take care of then maybe i already knew more about all that stuff than i have thought. :)
***my opinion tho: dont worry to much about BASE right now if your planning an entry to the spot in 08 or 09. worry about skydiving and how that sport can kill you.

that is why i asked: if i would buy tracking gear that fits perfect with full body armour underneath: is there a problem to skydive (or basejump) it without the body armour? wouldn't the tracking pants/jacket be slackier without all that stuff underneath? maybe this could be a safety issue?

edited to add: ok, i guess you already wrote that you think that it will work, didn't you?

that is why i asked: if i would buy tracking gear that fits perfect with full body armour underneath: is there a problem to skydive (or basejump) it without the body armour? wouldn't the tracking pants/jacket be slackier without all that stuff underneath? maybe this could be a safety issue?

I have skydived the Medium, Large, Extra Large and XXL sizes of Phoenix Fly Pants & Jackets. There are no safety issues doing this and they all worked. The fit does affect the way they fly, though. I really liked the XXL for the Stay-Puft marshmallow man effect and how it flew like a Birdman Classic, but very experienced basejumpers have advised that the most efficient fit for BASE is tight jacket, baggy pants.

The floppier the fit (oversize suit) the less stable it seems to be also.

You could skydive it with your body armor on too.

would most probably be best for preparational purpose, wouldn't it?

but i guess i will also want to make some (or some more) skydives with the track gear just for fun and therefore without all that uncomfortable stuff underneath...if possible/safe/advisable.

maybe i should also contact one of the manufacturers - i guess this wouldn't be a bad idea anyway. :)