thskydive

Where to buy packing clamps?

Where is the best place to order packing clamps? I've been using the hardware store clamps and the spring tension is way to high. Don't want to damage my canopy.

Home depot or equivalent.

Edit: Just re-read your post and realized that's what you're using.

I use the orange handle clamps. Which clamps do you use?
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

wow it is amazing how stupid u are yah they make specail clamps for base jumpers hahahahah u idiot just buy the cheap ones or dont be such a pussy
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad

That almost hurt my feelings Magot, until I read your profile and realized you weigh 140 soaking wet. Then it was just funny. If if I were jumping that childs base canopy you have I wouldn't need clamps at all.

I weigh 210 soaking wet and I don't use clamps.;)
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

give the guy a break magot. seriously everyone i've started making special base clamps. They are 100 dollars for a set of 6 and 150 for 12 or however many you need to pack flat with bungees etc. THey are said to have the perfect amount of spring tension. PM me for payment options.
word to your mother,
RJ$$
BASE 1117

Best source is Home Depot. Get the orange ones. The green ones right next to them are a quarter the cost, and you feel the difference when you pack with them. I've used almost every clamp on the market (don't ask), and I'm sold on the orange Pony brand ones you can buy at Home Depot for about 4 bucks.

Oh, and as Maggot said, but in a more politically correct fashion, use the clamps as a tool, not a crutch. If you feel like you need the tools to pack, take a trip to Twin Falls and force yourself to pack without them for a weekend. After that you'll appreciate them for making things easier, without feeling crippled without them.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I saw a clamp that Ray L used that was about 10 inches long, wooden, and totally flat, so it wasn't just the tip of the clamp that was holding things in place it was 10 inches of flat surface. It looked real nice. Hopefully he will comment on where he got it, because I would love to have a few of those.

those clamps are called parallel clamps and they are used for wood working and just for the record unless in jumping at b-day i always use clamps the orange ones and thskydive dude get coloerd electrical tape to put around them from the metal to the rubber then the rubber does not fall off and no one say's thats my clampi use purple and remember there's know stupid questions but your a dumd ass hahahaha just kidding not
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad