katzurki

Heading performance

another example, the Toxic pilot chute looks particularly complicated, and unfriendly to make. the photos I've seen indicate Marty does a fantastic job of overcoming these issues. could anyone in a factory style setting do the same?

Fair enough, my point was that in a small high speed high wing loading high aspect ratio canopy, the same amount of difference between different canopies of the same size/model that would matter noticably would be much greater actual mistakes in sewing.

Maybe i missed the point of something as usual.

wait, what was the point of this forum? i totaly forgot for a few seconds there, i had to look at the title to remember.

---Being that the BASE pilot chute manufacturers are pretty dedicated to quality, I mean that for real, not these factory made shit quality control promises, REAL quality from hand made stuff that you can only see from the people who CARE about what they are doing. I doubt that this kind of manufacturing will ever be able to be done in a factory setting, unless one can build a machine that can do this perfectly without human interaction. and i doubt that it is worth developing a machine that can make a pilotchute/caontainer/canopy. humans do a good job. just, i think we should stick to the small dedicated companies. if it wasnt such a bitch to build a canopy from scratch, i bet the small companies would do that as well. measuring and cutting equipment is pretty spendy.

I have said before, Wwarped, your avatar is the best one i have seen yet.

I took what ta said to mean more like assembling the rig, as in connecting PC to bridle, bridle to canopy, canopy to risers, etc.

I bet the only thing that could matter in that is the tension of the leg straps.