katzurki

Total mal

Watch in blood-freezing, toe-curling disbelief as the canopy never leaves the container! B|

and the ground crew laughs...:(
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

Well, yeah -- the laughing guy had dibs on the rig, y'know. Been waiting a long time...

If only there was a read jumper attached to the rig!
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

Come on, I hear it's the latest UK fashion, I had to try it out. I think I see what it's about...

Ok, a bit of a background story on this. Climbed the Helge A, it was windy, PC too big to stow, I lay it down and step on it, lift rig, stupidly pull the pins, don't feel like trying an unpacked jump, would have wrestled it closed except that nobody up there had a pull-up cord with them, and within seconds the winds made a mess out of a careful packjob.[:\] No stashbag. Climbing down with that mess is hardly doable. I put the mess between the folds the best I could, put the pins between one side flap and the top flap, tie kneepads around it to keep it from expanding, purposefully misroute bridle over the top flap and throw it down. I warned one person below that it wouldn't be a real jumper, but he failed to spread the word, and you can hear the girl say anxiously, "Damn, you should have warned us about that!"

dude I so know how that feels like. I was GC for a local A when one of the guys decided not to jump. the climb is tight and it was a big guy. so the first jumper told him to stash it and throw it and he would let everyone know. which of course he "forgot". since this was a night jump we couldn't distinguish between PC and stash bag flutter. impact sounded very real... holy shit what a night.