Jhoek

valley weather

hiya im heading to the valley next weekend, any locals or people who just left or still there who can tell me about the weather? I cant get a better overview then the weather in interlaken. Is the waterfall coming down nicely? :)

Is the waterfall coming down nicely?

As of two weeks ago, the waterfall was still not open for jumping. To be honest I am not exactly sure what the official status of the waterfall is. I was there throughout the winter and we seem to get mixed answers regarding this spot. I am quite sure the engineering work at the foot of the waterfall is finished but the "keep off" tape around the the exit point as not been removed. After calling air glacier to make a jump from there two weeks ago we were informed that this exit is still closed for jumping. In doubt don't jump it!!
There are plenty of other beautiful spots in the valley. If you absolutely want to jump from there, call air glacier and see what they say. You might get a different answer depending on who works there. But in any case do not jump from there without express permission from them!

Be smart, Be respectful, Be safe.

Waterfall is closed. Period! (just to double 1007).

Furthermore, please DO NOT CALL Air Glacier for BASE Jumping and condition information!!! CALL Air Glacier just before jumping. They have plenty other work to do, and are not responsible for ourselves.

You can try to send emails or private messages to any of us "locals". We try to give our best to provide useful information.

Thanks for your understanding, all the best

/t.

Waterfall is closed. Period! (just to double 1007).

click here to read 11007's post

People, PLEASE, do NOT, I repeat do NOT, jump the waterfall. Thank you.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

hehe relax guys :)anyway just back in the netherlands all went fine

mzzl