Sean621

A Polite request for all potential UK BASErs and trainers/manufacturers

To all the non UK manufacturers/trainers out there...if you are taking anyone from the UK on a course can you please let one of the moderators at www.basejumper.org know and help us manage the cat herding a little better...just so we dont have people blazing a trail and getting killed over here for the sake of a few emails....

To all potential students from the UK...please post on www.basejumper.org to let us know your experience level,when you are doing the course and MOST importantly where you are in the UK...that way you wont compromise any sites and you may live a lot longer if you can get some freindly LOCAL advice.

Can Tom or Sangiro make this sticky...please.

Sean, in the past when people have posted links here to the UK board the volume of traffic has affected the UK board. This happened twice already this year.

It really is not that hard to find, and those who can't find it can always PM a UK jumper for the address.

Will

this post is a reminder more than anything...if the links cause a problem then i will remove the post...

I'm not saying remove the post, just the links. In the past the UK board ground to a halt due to sheer volume of click-through traffic from dz.com. It is really not that hard to find, a couple of seconds on Google or a PM does the trick. ;)

Sean,

Can you forward me (via email or PM) a list of the moderators on that forum and their contact info (email, or whatever is most convenient for each of them)?

Why don't we just send this message, along with a list of that contact info, to all the folks who teach commercial FJC's?

Thanks!
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Just curious on how this will work to stop 'trail-blazing'.
I'm not sure I see how it will work yet, and am apprehensive over certain information-sharing and privacy issues. So you want manufacturers to hand out the private contact information of their clients to you, so you can then hunt those people down and give them advice?
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

So you want manufacturers to hand out the private contact information of their clients to you, so you can then hunt those people down and give them advice?

In my FJC, I give a lecture about specific local sites, in which I hand out informational sheets with guidelines for specific areas.

I also give a (separate) lecture on BASE ethics, which includes a discussion of the "Contact the Locals" rule.

Either of these would present an opportunity to give UK students some contact info for experienced UK jumpers, and ask them to touch base (pun intended) with them if they haven't already done so.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

no not at all...its aimed at the more responsible newbie who wants to stay alive when they get back here...so the idea is to let people know where to get in touch (most of them dont know) who to get in touch with and how to go about keeping sites open and staying alive once they have finished falling off the perrine...we have 150+ BASErs here and the number is gonna be nearer 200 by december...that needs addressing so that sites stay open and people dont die...

mind you if i did nothing and let privacy and confidentiality prevail that would be better i guess...

you tell me.

No, that sounds like a great idea, given that those moderators whose info is being given out agree, and I'm sure they do.
Further I am also sure the students will be happy to have that info as a local reference to refer to in case of questions.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957