gweeks

Body Armor - Tailbones

My wife just got me the Velocity Body armor. Awesome! I will dutifully reward her the same way Twoply rewarded his wife.

The one thing is that it only covers about half of my tail bone if I'm standing, and none of it if I ball up. What if anything are people doing to protect their tailbones?

Robi once shoved his stashbag down the back of his pantz for extra cushion on a 220' B jump.....seemed to serve a better purpose than in the side of my cargo pants... :P Not a ton of protection, but landing on concrete, something is better than nothing..
Later
Blair

PS all my armor only goes to the base of my spine, but I have a typical WIDE southern phat arse :D

i have broken my tailbone before. it was by far the most painful injury i have encountered, even more than shattering my femur (that one sucked more just by sheer duration, but not by pain) or breaking the ball off my ankle. in fact, when i broke it, i was momentarily paralyzed from the waste down. i'm glad i damaged the nerves the next day (to reduce the pain) when i drove 600 miles without painkillers or a doughnut seat.
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

Just wondering if u considered the dainese armor when u were shopping around and if so what u thought of it. I tried it on and liked it but heard the velocity gear is just as good and less expensive. any thoughts?

I didn't shop around at all. I just read what has been written on this forum and went for Velocity. I'm happy with it, but don't have anything to compare it to.