brianfry713

BASE audible

I'm just wondering if anyone is using one that works. I've read that some of Parasport Italia's altimeters have a timer function. I don't want to get into a debate over whether they're a good idea or not or other ways to decide when to initiate deployment. I've searched other posts and haven't found any info on which ones work for longer terminal BASE jumps. I've watched some videos on skydivingmovies.com where people have an audible going off during deployment, so I'm curious what other people are using and how to use them. Are there any that work for BASE and log data as well? I tried using my Neptune in my pocket in manual mode at Bridge Day and it didn't log. I suppose a GPS unit would probably work for logging, my Garmin Foretrex 201 has a resolution of 1 second.
BASE 1224, Senior Parachute Rigger, CPL ASEL IA, AGI, IGI
USPA Coach & UPT Tandem Instructor, PRO, Altimaster Field Support Representative

BASE 460 asked for interested in a BASE dytter in this thread. I'm not sure what the current status of that project is.

If your main interest is jump logging, you're better of with a GPS unit with a sufficiently high resolution. There are plenty of trackers and wingsuiters that use them. Consider doing a search in the wingsuit forum.

the pro-track works only if >6 seconds freefall and >1000ft agl.
lower and shorter it still beeps sometimes, but no log.
good flights with my phoenix-fly tracking suit are too slow for the spc-mode ==>wrong log (turns off early)
the beeper is more or less useless, on most high jumps you don't have a flat ground.
your opening altitude depends on how far you track over the talus.
it's only a toy,nothing to trust.

just my 2 cents..