Girlfalldown

Big walls vs Twin Falls

Personally, I refused to PCA my first jump.

I went off TF hand held my first time, so I could experience a freefall, and because I would rather deploy with two seconds of freefall than None!

It all depends on the person. I haven't done a PCA and don't really plan to. If I'm going to hike an hour for a cliff in moab, or 20 minutes up the hill in TF I want two or three seconds!

Cya

Expect Nothing. Be Ready For Anything!

I went off TF hand held my first time, so I could experience a freefall, and because I would rather deploy with two seconds of freefall than None!

I went hand held on my first jump. In my opinion, it's a bad idea.

If you blow your first exit, and end up head low (or head down), there is some potential for serious problems.

It all depends on the person.

I disagree. Some of it depends on the object. I don't think very much of it is dependent on the student. On a first jump, you really don't know what's going to happen. I've had students I thought would be great, who totally froze up and blew the first jump. I've also had students I was concerned about who did very well.

Just because one person gets lucky doesn't mean it's a good decision.

I haven't done a PCA and don't really plan to. If I'm going to hike an hour for a cliff in moab, or 20 minutes up the hill in TF I want two or three seconds!

This is the kind of attitude that gets people killed. It's exactly the same kind of attitude as "if I flew all the way to Norway, I'm going to jump no matter what, even if conditions are terrible!"

Compared with being able to walk for a couple months, or compared with having the rest of your life, what are those 20 minutes worth? Heck, you'll spend more time than that packing for the jump.

Patience is a virtue in BASE even more than in most other things.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Beer is for skydiving, mate.

huh?

I like beers after a BASE aswell:P besides if the guy insist buying beer let him.. but the rule in BASE is that theres no rules besides having fun..(basicly)B|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber