mjrwatkins

Bridge Day - Down to the wire

Having followed several promising leads, it looks like I am still traveling to Bridge Day without any gear.

I need to beg, borrow, steal;), rent some gear from someone.

I am jumping in the last group of the day 11:15-12:00, but I am willing to make the 630am trip and squeeze in at the start if it helps.

I need a 260 or 280 to land safely, and a container.

Any info or offers gladly accepted. I understand the going rate, and will add a few beers as well for anyone helping me out.

Thanks a lot, JW.

Call me when you get to Fayetteville. My number is the area code of Vancouver, Canada (look it up) followed by 313-JAAP. I have five other people borrowing my gear, but if both rigs are still dry by the time your group starts, you're more than welcome to use my gear. We're meeting at the Holiday Inn lobby on Friday morning at 9:30 AM. Be there if you want to be part of the master plan. It'll take some ingenuity to schedule the packing and jumping of two rigs and potentially seven people, in one day. Fortunately all jumpers are spread out over the four groups, so that helps.

Consider this your backup, I urge you to continue looking for more secure gear. But if it doesn't work out, we'll try hard to make you get a jump in!. :)

Thanks Jaap. That does sound like a really busy schedule for two rigs. I will hope for more responses to the post, but keep your number at hand. If we meet up, you earned the beer already for helping out so many people.

you earned the beer already for helping out so many people

Not yet, not yet. The plane could crash on the way to Bridge Day, killing me, leaving several people without rigs. That would really ruin my day.

Besides, beer's on me.

mr. j ... there is a 500 dollar velcro rig in the classifieds... you can jump a sktdiving rig w/ the proper setup...:S... there is gear out there,,but you may have waited to late.. good luck

That would really ruin my day.

No no, that would ruin your life - it would ruin the day for the 5 poor b*st*rds left without gear...

:P
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent