Lee846

Used gear -- prices

What do you think, how much lost the price of a canopy after a water (salt/fresh) landing, how the patches change the price, what about the number of jumps?

For example (but just as example! My canopy is priceless for me and I'm not gonna sell it...)

It has 1 salt water landing, 3 fresh water... ~200 jumps on it (1:1 slider up and down), DOM is May 2003, 1 huge (60X40 cm) pacth on a top skin and a couple of small rip-stop patches (1X2 cm) on a bottom skin. Lower control lines were replaced once and the attachment point of fifth line was moved to the forth line.
upd:... and it's dirty!:)

What's up with its price?
The Q is not the actual price but how much should I subtract from the new canopy price.

There is a lot of jumpers selling their gear here (in my country:)) and sometimes the pricing looks too personal. That's ok the owner has a chance to get the money he wants for his gear, the person who's ready to buy it for that price is ready and it's up to him...
But i guess some community opinion does exist?
So what influences on a canopy price?
Between two evils always pick theone never tried

its worth IMHO about 500 euros at the most.
http://www.extreme-on-demand.com

I was told from someone to deduct from the new canopy price about 3,00 USD for each jump. Consider that 1 fresh water landing is about equal to 20 normal jumps and 1 salt water landing is equal to about 50 normal jumps... Patches and any other damages are subject to personal evaluation... :)IMHO, you have also to evaluate the most part of jumps done: mostly slider up (more stress to the lines) or mostly slider down (more solicitations to the fabric).

3,2,1,C-YA!!!
V.
BASE #1075 / BMI #I-002 / PFI #042 / EGI #104