bertusgeert

Norway Question

How many incidents has occured at the popular wall in Norway?

---------------------------------------------
As jy dom is moet jy bloei!

How do you say that anyways?

I've read it thousands of times, but I've never heard anyone say it out loud.

Kjerag? Can somebody spell it phonetically?

The way I've heard it said, and say it myself, is like "Sher-AHG". It could just be that the Norwegians I've talked to are very tolerant.

its more like keyhrag...please correct me if im right...
http://www.extreme-on-demand.com

The way I've heard it said, and say it myself, is like "Sher-AHG". It could just be that the Norwegians I've talked to are very tolerant.

Been there twice in the last year, the Norgi's told me it was more like 736 said.
SabreDave

That sounds good in my part of the country! But Norway is a country of many dialects, so dependant of whom you ask it might vary. The real locals (from the Stavanger area) would pronounce the R like the French do. The first syllable, I guess would be hard to pronounce for most foreigners. The KJ-sound in Norwegian is not used in many other languages, and it seems a lot of young Norwegians can't get it right either:D

At any rate, the way you spell it phonetically makes it sound just right:)
CJ=)

Us Norgies are having a real hard time distinguishing between W and V, and often refer to ourselves as Wikings