dmcoco84

BASE Trips

For those of you who have had the pleasure of jumping in another country like Sweden, Switzerland, or Norway, ect. I’ve got some questions for ya! Minus a plane ticket, what would be a ballpark cost for your trip there? What time span did you spend there? How many places are there to jump? And so on and so on. Also if you have been to multiple places, what was your favorite country?

I’d really like to make a trip overseas sometime in the next year or so and I’ve heard there are some really good location but I’m not sure where I would go. I’m a student at the moment so if I made a trip I’d have to make the best of it because I won’t be going again for a while. :P

Thanks
David

Note: Before I do go over seas I will definitally have over 50 or so. I'm going to Twin Falls next year so I'll get quite a few then.

For those of you who have had the pleasure of jumping in another country like Sweden, Switzerland, or Norway, ect. I’ve got some questions for ya! Minus a plane ticket,
what would be a ballpark cost for your trip there?
What time span did you spend there?

How many places are there to jump? And so on and so on. Also if you have been to multiple places, what was your favorite country?

I spent 5 weeks in europe in 1999. Cost was maybe $3000 each (2 of us), that included everything: plane tic, car,gas,camping,tolls,food,amsterdam,boat rides,ski-lifts,etc.
We slept in the car a lot, camped when we wanted and got a hotel a few nights. Gas was one of the biggest expenses at $4 per gallon then... today who knows? We put around 5500 miles on the car, traveled through 11 countries, jumped in 6 I think. I was not going for tons of jumps, I enjoyed just travelling overseas.

Favorite... all of them!

Jason

Which would would you say was the the cheapest yet is great jumping. Someone else recommended the Swiss Valley.

D

I spent 5 weeks in europe in 1999. Cost was maybe $3000 each (2 of us), that included everything: plane tic, car,gas,camping,tolls,food,amsterdam,boat rides,ski-lifts,etc.

It feels like the cost of Euro trip has almost doubled since then, in US$ at least. A similar 2 months trip i did this summer run up about 8k.

Switzerland is far from cheap but if you only stay in the Valley, buy a ticket pass and camp, it will be quite reasonable.

bsbd!

Yuri.