Zennie

BASE In Wikipedia

I was browsing around Wikipedia as I sometimes do and decided to do a search on BASE jumping. This may be one of the best "external" discussions of BASE jumping that I've seen.

Enjoy!

Anyone know who contributed to that entry? Whoever it is did an excellent job.

B|

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

looks like the pen/keyboard of Nick DG???
http://www.extreme-on-demand.com

----------------------

I was browsing around Wikipedia as I sometimes do and decided to do a search on BASE jumping. This may be one of the best "external" discussions of BASE jumping that I've seen.

Enjoy!

Anyone know who contributed to that entry? Whoever it is did an excellent job.

-------------------------------

I got the feeling that this was originally written by Nick Di Giovanni after I embarassed myself by complaing about the inaccuracy ot the written accounts of our original jump off the rock.
He didn't actually identify himself as the writer, but indicated that I may have been a little harsh in my complaints, since there was little information available at the time. Sorry about that Nick ;)
In theory, there is no difference bretween theory and practice. In practice, however, there is. -

"RIP Forever Brian Schubert. Always remembered, Never forgotten" - Leroy DB
http://www.johnny

Nope.

Nick writes in the present tense, and even without that, it doesn't have his stylistic stamp.

Most of the entries in the history are IP logged only, so unless someone confesses ;) it's going to be hard to tell. That said, the originator of the article is from the UK and two of the biggest contributors are from Canada and Australia. There are also later contributions by a USian or three or more, but the bulk of the work seems to have been done by persons with funny accents.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

There are also later contributions by a USian or three or more, but the bulk of the work seems to have been done by persons with funny accents.

rl

didnt think Faber could speak English or write it for that matter:ph34r:
http://www.extreme-on-demand.com

No, I didn't write that. Some of the thoughts and phrases are mine but the words are put together differently enough that I think they used some of my stuff for research. That's cool . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

No, I didn't write that. Some of the thoughts and phrases are mine but the words are put together differently enough that I think they used some of my stuff for research. That's cool . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

There's no doubt that your stuff was used. One of the links at the bottom of the page is to your base history page at Basic Research.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb