SabreDave

Where to stay

So I am heading back to Lysebotn in 10 days but doing things a litle differently this year. It looks like i will have to spend a night in Stavanger to be able to catch the 10 am ferry. So, where is the cheapest place to stay in Stavanger and is there anything nightlife wise that is worth checking out??

Any info appreciated....
SabreDave

A good choice is the Havly Hotell in Stavanger. Its about $100 US if I remember right but Ive been told thats inexpensive for that town. Its close to where you catch the ferry and yes there is a decent night life with several cool clubs about 100 yards away.
Information is here.
Have Fun, Don't Die!
Johnny Utah
My Website
email:[email protected]

If your only going to be there one night before catching the ferry, the Pubs are great, it's worthless to get a place to stay when your partying all night.;) :D

Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

yo, when do you get there? I may be in the same position. I fly into Haugsund on the 15th in the afternoon (2pm)and then need to find my way to lysebotn.................?I am going to figure it out when I get there i guess?
~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

Johnny- Yeah thanks, I knew about the Stavly but trying not to spend that much money if I can help it as it would be for about 6 hours or so.

BodyPilot-.....I was actually starting to think about just staying up and that is looking better and better now that I check out different flights!B| YEah, I'm just gonna party and sleep on a bench or something!?

Jay- I arrive in Stavanger on the 19th of June in the evening. Will be flying in from Amsterdam:) via Copenhagen. A night or two in the Dam is a prerequisite.

Anyone know if Douggs and Coombesy are around there (Lysebotn) this year?
10 DAYS...........................................
SabreDave

There are a couple of Hostiles in Stavanger. I stayed in one Up hill from where the ferry picks you up. Im not sure exactly what i payed. Norway is kind of expensive.

The Havly does give BASE discounts if you tell them that when you make your reservation and check in...at least the last time I checked.

If you go bar hopping you may just end up sleeping in an alley anyway..

Peace
K

There are a couple of Hostiles in Stavanger.

Last June, I stayed at the Stavanger Vandrerhjem (youth hostel) Mosvangen http://www.vandrerhjem.no/index.jsp/len/.

It was ~$35 (including linen rental). Was supposed to be a shared room; ended up with it all to myself.

It's a nice (not great) hostel. Slightly nicer facility than the White House at Lysebotn but lacks the view.

marg