cesslon

Aerial maneuvers in BASE

hi jasmin
who is it in the stoopid base vid that jumps off the patronas (spelling) tower platform bit and does a
double front flip, twists into a back flip then twists into a front flip then deploys ?
who is that d00d
is wearing a red helmet , the pants are familiar

I lived right near a pool with dive board when I was young, I seen some kids do some front flips, so I started doing them , was doing them all the time, then 1 day I stuffed up and landed on me back, was a big SLAP!!!, the whole place heard it, hurt a little.
then after that I could never do a flip lol. :S

I tried but I just couldn't, I'd jump and start to flip forward then at the last minute pull out of it :(

was 1 of those things where ya brain says "I dont think so , remember last time."

Damn, I had the same thing last evening. Fell on my back doing a back sommersault. Hurted like hell, I could feel my skin burn and could barely move (I call it a wonder I got myself out of the water).
My back still hurts, X-rays of back and lungs look fine though. Hopefully it will just be the pain and no permenant damage :(

I learned my lesson. I'm going to take a trainer next time, whatever he (or she ;)) asks of money.

Hopefully I still have the courage to jump :S

dam man how high was the platfor/board you jumped from ?
try and stick below 100 feet lol

dam man how high was the platfor/board you jumped from ?
try and stick below 100 feet lol

Well, only 5m (15 feet) [:/]
Apperently high enough. I still feel it. :(
On the X-ray it also was visible that my back is not really well formed, there is a small S-bent in it (I'll try to get the X-rays somewhere online for you). it is a family thingie, my dad and sister have it to. I'll probably have to take medication to prevent future damage. It is something I'll have to drag along with me for the rest of my life. Well, there are worse things in life then having a painfull back ;)

Jasmin or anyone else who trains with tramps or board diving.

I am way off doing aerial BASE, however for rehab for my leg and body awareness for normal skydiving I am looking at doing tramp or diving. Is there a reason you picked diving over tramp? Is there anything I should consider when starting diving? As I am more than a year off doing BASE and even more than that for aerials should I even bother mentioning the BASE aspect. I have said I skydive and that is one of the reasons. Do you see it would help skydiving at all. Sorry all the dumb and obvious questions, but I really do not know what to expect. And I guess it will take alot of visits to do even the simple stuff.

Is there a reason you picked diving over tramp?

The progress in diving is much faster and the environment is more 'real' meaning that you jump from standing still position just as on a basejump, where in trampoline you jump on something that launches you up. They are both great, so I do them both :P (Tramp with trainer, diving without)

Btw: can anyone answer my question I posted here? Didn't get really an answer there: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1725998;search_string=diving%20question;#1725998

Thijs