basebasebase01

W/S BASE question?

Hey Im an experience skidiver and base jumper
i recently experience a wingsuit jump after a lo of practices Tracking,pulling in a track flying my body in a wing suit form also some PF tracking suits(Which are the $hiT$)And also i think The pressure from the PF help me to feel the extra recistas. Thats not all prior to my jump i wore the suit on the ground as much as posible even on the skatebore that the RW guys use. After a few people laught at me and i told them to Buck off. I spoke with a very wise man He is been jumping for 20+years and 1000's of jumps and not to long did his frist WS Skidive and it when to $hit$ real quick and We came up with this logic that goes" ITs harder for some one that has been jumping this long to relearn than some with 200 skidives" Now my question is "Is't better if a jump a S3 from now on until i'm ready for BASE lets said 100 skydives with ballon jumpes and all the pratices and recomendatios outthere OR Put 30 jumps on a GTI then start jumping a S3 after 70 jumps been like" well i like to base jump so go back put 20 jump on my GTI and then doing a base jump with it ?

Open for opinions and also i'm not trying to comit suciede or ignore rules im just thinking what would be the best for my frist base W/S

In my Honest opinion...
You have no idea what you are getting yourself into.

Would any other experienced BASE jumper care to elaborate on this more ?

edit to add :

It does not sound like you are an experienced skydiver.
would you care to add anything ?

Thank you for your advice

Some logic behind my theory is " no bad habits, all i know is a S3 "

maybe skidiver whom have jump a gti (ie 50 jumps)
before then jump a S3 they think is very touchy becauses there just to the GTI if you learn in your S3 how can it be touchy if thats all you know"

I agree that at frist you skidive are going to be real challengen but not necesary black death

I also do not recomend for any body to try this aproach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just more thinking
I like to get more feed back like so far thank you

basebasebase01 :

Just more thinking
I like to get more feed back like so far thank you

It hard to give you any ...INFO
If you are looking for help.

No # of, BASE jumps ?
No # of, Skydives ?
No # of, wingsuit Jumps ?
No # of years of, Jumping ?
Where do you jump ?

No Name ?

From the apperance of the Post it sounds like your just, Trolling.

You might have Much-Much more BASE experience than me. no need for me to advise you.

If you are a very experienced BASE jumper.
If you are a very experienced Skydiver.
If you are very comfortable jumping your S3.

Find another BASE wingsuit jumper that has experience in that Location.
Go to the nearest Big Wall with him.

and Have Fun.

No ray is nothing like that i was just thinking

this post does not mean that i was going to run to the nearts bigwall and flick me off with a new S3 What my point is If i jump skidive my S3 from the beginning and put 100-150 jump or whaterver number of jumps untill i'm ready then When i'm standing at exit point with my mentors I will know my S3 and only my S3 insted of knowing my gti, S and my S3.
You only know one suit to the fullest in top of all the training behind ie: a buch of terminal BASE leding up to the jump and all the drills in the skidiving enviroment

I'm not said I'm 100% correct that just my thinking and preparing my self

O.K. "Stranger",

My opinion on people wanting "Instant Massive Overwhelming Gratification Syndrome".... everyone wants to fly farther, longer, and easier. I say the proof is in the pudding. I know from a financial point it would be nice to skip the first few steps and just buy the Mac-Daddy large winged suit.....but.......
One jump on a GTI , and a few PF tracking jumps with low all around jump numbers is a recipe for disaster. I think you should hijack the suit from the little round kid in Moab, and master it. When I say that the proof is in the pudding, I mean that a protrack telling you how efficient you fly is your best gauge. Once you can fly the suit efficiently, barrel roll, front and back flip, and pull in full as well as collapsed flight, once you feel so at home in the suit that a normal skydive feels odd to you ...... then maybe.... maybe....... your ready to attempt something more advanced....... as in suits or BASE.
So many people buy a suit, make a jump every other week on it , placing a handful of jumps on it total before they go out and try their first Bird-BASE jump. Why..... too claim that they've made a wingsuit BASE jump???
I'd say that on average if you can fly a suit at 60 mph thru most of a skydive, that on a BASE jump, you'll be 10-20 mph faster than that. Stress, pressure, as well as foreign sub-terminal air are but a few factors.
Only CURRENT/ Jedi-Wingsuit guys are sticking it . People who have put in the effort , doing 5-10 wingsuit jumps a day out of airplanes to master their flight skills, wingsuit jump numbers in the 100's. Everyone else is just strapping their arms down for minimal more distance. People who are trying to out-fly scree or talus without truly mastering the suit are just looking to make Nicks list in my opinion. There are obviously people out there with 1000's of skydives that go out and pick up wingsuit flying faster than usual. But back to what I was saying earlier........ it doesn't take much to be stable, do Birdy-RW, or even get a halfway decent flight out of a suit. It takes a lot to make those 10 seconds turn into 15-20..... safely.
As far as skipping the smaller suits in favor of a larger winged unit. I'd go make 20-50 jumps on a GTI or Classic2 and then see what happens when you try out something Mac-Daddy.(That would be Robert's news suit!!)
Don't slow yourself down by going to fast..... the money you spend going slow, and learning right will save your life someday.....maybe not tomorrow..... but maybe some other day that your actions have gotten your ass into a situation that your experience can only get you out of.
Just my .02 $$$ ..... but if you make like 100 wingsuit jump...... won't that like double or even triple your total skydives????? HEE-HEEEE
p.s. One Armed Bandit says Monroe is spelled MONROE.....
Jay Epstein Ramirez
www.adrenalineexploits.com

Tom thinks you need to use the "CHECK SPELLING" Buttun att da bahtom uf da skrene ....... heee heee heeeeeee;);)
Jay Epstein Ramirez
www.adrenalineexploits.com

I pretty much totally agree with everything Jay said.

When I say that the proof is in the pudding, I mean that a protrack telling you how efficient you fly is your best gauge.

When I started flying wingsuits, I had a harness for my GPS built, and used it to measure my glide angles. I wanted to be sure I could outfly the talus on a specific cliff before I went and tried it. If you have the money, a GPS is, in my opinion, a much better tool for measuring efficiency of flight than a pro-track.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com