CanuckInUSA

Added an "E" to my collection of object types jumped

Well I'm happy to report that I'm no longer a one object BASE jumper. I've added 2 new earth bound exit points to add to my collection of jumps off of the legal span in Idaho. On Saturday morning myself and two other people hiked to the top of ######## before we hucked ourselves off of the cliff and landed on the road. I then went back to the Skydive Moab boogie to pack and made a couple of skydives before I ventured back to the same object for a sunset load with some different people. Then while sitting in the parking lot after my 2nd earth bound jump, myself and the people there started to talk about hitting a new exit point all day on Sunday.

So Sunday morning, myself and 3 other people meet up and we made the longish drive into ####### ###### and we start hucking ourselves off of ####'# #### and I have to say that this exit point for the first time in my short BASE jumping career made me feel like a real BASE jumper. Not only is the exit point in a remote location, it also has a landing area with plenty of obstacles, obstacles which I haven't had to deal with at the bridge in Potato Land as well as the road we can land on out at ########. But everything went off as planned. I made a total of 4 earth bound jumps this weekend, 2 at ######## and 2 more at ####'# ####. Good stuff I tell you (this earth bound jumping), but serious shit nonetheless.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

That is a sweet mother###### story ya big son ofa ######!!!!Congratu#######lations ya ####er!!!!

Nice job, Hankster....
"It takes a big man to cry, it takes an even bigger man to make that big man cry"

Hi Canuck --

Congratulations! With the exception of "slider-up in the city", earth jumps are my personal favorite.

I loved reading your story...it's funny how easy it was to tell exactly where you jumped, but only for those who know and understand Moab. Nice job!

Moab is an incredible place...a place where one can truly discover their soul.

Will you be hanging out at the Gorge or Bridge Day this year? If so, I hope to see you there.

C-ya,

Bryan

me too! different E though. and what an E!!!!!

what up steve.. its abbie. good to hear you're out having fun.

as for my E. FUCKK!!!!!!! Ray and I hucked off of a famous muthafukin rock in norcal (samer came with us, but no flickage). Man, we sat on that exit point for 1.5 hours taking in every nerve racking second of it. "wait wait, whats that car doing? is it a park ranger?" "fuck, I dont know", "ok lets wait", "shit, another car", "fuckity fuck fuck". finally after the 20th "cya" i said to myself in my head, i took a few steps and then all the wories were gone. it was sick i tell you! 10 seconds of freefall, tracking away from a wall of hurt (it wasnt that close really) then a sweet ass canopy ride. I was dying to swoop a climber on a ledge but figured it was maybe a bad idea. Ray couldnt see my canopy open so a while later when my phone had some reception i got a call.. "doooooood!! you made it!!", "fuck ya muthafucka!", "ok, im coming, cya". I'll speak for both of us when i say that was a fuckin spectacular jump and that if any NPS object should be legal it should be this one.

Thanks for the help Samer! And thanks for the jump Ray!

-abbie
Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

Hey Abbie

Congrats on your jump. You've got an interesting object to add to your log book and Ray is a good guy to have there with you for that first "E". Oscar and another fellow were there on my first "E". And speaking of "Es", I'm having a hard time relating to the rest of the world ever since my first "E" and especially since my first remote backcountry "E" on Sunday. I can't help but view things differently now. I'd hate to call skydiving safe (because it's not), but it sure is a hell of a lot safer than what I was doing Sunday. :)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Question: if it's a legal and known site, is there any harm in naming it ?

Question: if it's a legal and known site, is there any harm in naming it ?

Please read my Naming Names Post, linked at the top of the BASE forum pages under Before you Post!, for my rationale on this.

In relevant part:

Accidents occur at legal sites, as well as illegal ones, and this reasoning applies equally to either. In fact, the majority of BASE fatalities have occurred at legal sites. The ease of access to these sites, as well as the frequency of accidents, argues, if anything, for greater site secrecy at legal sites.

Some BASE jumpers feel that preventing accidents is important because it keeps sites open for jumping (whether legal or illegal). This concern is a distant second to preventing injury.

-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Congrats C - utah rox the house. Period. Endless exitpoints for you AND yo mama!

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --