eipmoez

Flying to Twin Falls

Hi,

does anybody recommend flying to Twin Falls over flying to Salt Lake City and driving a rental car from there? Or perhaps there's an even better option?

Is the Twin Falls airport close enough to the city?

Thanks,

Eipmoez

$e^{i\pi}+1=0$
how humbling, an error

Flying into Twin is definitely the way to go if you can swing the price. If you buy the ticket well in advance, it's only an extra $50-75 over SLC. Basically, you get to fly that leg (all TF flights go to/from SLC) in a plane instead of a car. The airport is about 5 minutes south of town, so it's about 15 minutes to the bridge (which is on the north edge of town) if traffic is heavy on Blue Lakes.

The only better option is to fly yourself into the Jerome airport, which is the closest runway to the bridge.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Unless you're driving to Moab afterward, I'd suggest flying directly to Twin. Next best is flying to Boise. It's half the distance of SLC.

I prefer to drive from SLC. I'm going to rent a car anyway, so it's less expensive. And unless you get a very short layover, flying wont save you much time, and I like the scenic, no trafic ride. In fact, last time, I went the long way, south of the lake and thru Nevada. Stopped in Wendover and won $50 at the blackjack table!

Labor Day weekend, three of us flew into Twin Falls via Salt Lake and for some unknown reason, the tickets were cheaper than if we had stopped at Salt Lake.... We only had about a 30 minute layover, maybe we wer just lucky, but it got us 2 extra jumps in on Friday afternoon, that we would never have gotten had we driven it... Unless I was going to split the trip and got to Moab or something like that, I'd never do anything other than fly straight into TWF again... The drive from SLC to TWF is a beautiful drive, but I've seen it once, I'd rather spend my time jumping...

Ganja

...We only had about a 30 minute layover, maybe we wer just lucky...

There are five daily flights in each direction (TWF-SLC). In general, the layovers ought to be pretty short.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Depends on your schedule.

I prefer flying into BOI. I can get there late on a friday night, leaving just after the workday. I would have to wait until around mid-day saturday to arrive should i choose to fly into TWF.

Last trip that I flew in/out of BOI, I was in Woody's with a beer by midnight and didnt have to leave twin until 330pm sunday.

-abbie
Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

Looks like Nick D.G. changed his login and his avatar.

Nice work.;)
$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

buahaha!

that's actually an old pic of my mentor Corky. I snapped it from his passport. I'm going to shut up now though, since he has a picture of me in a diaper... and it was taken only 2 weekends ago!

-abbie
Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

Someone asked me about the flight schedule, so here it is. All flights are Skywest, booked through Delta.

Leave SLC Arrive TF
8:20am 9:14am
11:00am 11:57am
1:50pm 2:49pm
5:00pm 5:56pm
9:10pm 10:09pm

Leave TF Arrive SLC
6:53am 7:45am
9:37am 10:29am
12:22pm 1:15pm
3:19pm 4:10pm
6:14pm 7:04pm