Lee846

BASE or not to BASE? :)

Hello everybody! Just want to know your opinions…
Does your activity in BASE jumping depend on your psychical condition?

It is the third time I’m in the same situation. (I think I was the similar thread here last year :P) Every year in August or September much as I should like to have some fun I can’t jump. The pleasure which I could get jumping BASE just fails. All that buildings and antennas which were so nice mean nothing for me. It excites me not. I have other sources of fun that “dead” time like skydive or wakeboarding or something else. I even enjoy being in a ground crew or filming the jumps of my friends. It may be several weeks without jumps but in time it changes again. And it’s the other period in my BASE life. I’m in form. I’m jumping almost everyday. I’m ready to open something, to make some illegal or low jumps, to do things which are new for me. And I really like it.
It’s all about the jumps only. I’m not depressed and I’m not in courage that time. My life goes as usual.
I recognized that my BASE life is “all or nothing”. There is the crazy active period and the time than I’m absolutely amorphous. There is no middle position. Now is the time of non-jumpable position. And sometimes I worry that the passive period won’t finish. :)
So here is my question: has anybody of you such periods in your BASE career? If so did you made the explanation in your mind? What’s your reason to do it this way? Or it’s just the girl’s special problem like the PMS or something like that?:$
Between two evils always pick theone never tried

I'm pretty sure this happens to everyone. Some people spend longer (or shorter) times in "go" mode, but sooner or later everyone goes through "slow" times. I've known people who went through several years of "off" before coming back and jumping a whole bunch again. Heck, some never get back to a real big "go" mode again--and there's nothing wrong with that, either.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

The same shit, Lee
So...
This moment I'm buyin a ticket to a place where sun is hot n sea is worm. Hope it works, buahahaha:P
Se ya
www.openeisk.com hottest DZ in Russia
www.haveaniceday.ru just t-shirts for real daredavils

Some people I know (including myself) goes through something similar. For some weeks you go at it like a mad man and then for a couple of weeks you just dont have the same drive.

Like anything in life you have up days and down days.......... jesus I still have days where I wonder why the fuck I BASE........ I know it will always be a part of me, but sometimes I dont have the drive to go at it hard and will just poodle along doing a flick here and there (with UK weather sometimes this is forced on you when you are driven big time!)

I know people that go and jump at EVERY chance , and I know people that do a few jumps here and there every month or so..........

To me (and some others I speak to) being a BASE jumper is not about how many jumps you do or have............... it just shows that everyone has their own way of experiencing and doing something that they love..........

We are all different............. just love the sport your way..........