zootoggles

Direct bag from a plane

Hi,

Does anyone ever tried a direct bag deployment from a plane?

I wonder how to do this?

Ourson #2

I wonder how to do this?

Old Houston BASE/CRW croud used to do this out of Twin Otter for some cutaway fun. I believe it was a simple setup with a base harness worn under a regular skydiving rig and a canopy (slider-up!) deployed out of a normal hand-held direct bag.

bsbd!

Yuri.

Hi,

I wonder how to do this?

I did two of them from a twin otter. The direct bag parachute was a round and was a third parachute. They were intentional cutaways for some test jumps doing research. The way it was done was the skydiving rig was packed normal. Then the rounds risers(3-rings) were attached next to the mains 3-rings on the same large rings on the harness. This seemed unorthodox to me but Mark Hewitt said it would work and he was right, it worked great. In the plane the rounds risers were routed over my shoulder in front of me, and the round was packed into a d-bag. The d-bag was held by Casey D. and I think it was also hooked to the plane by a static line.

I did a poised exit facing Casey. The round came out real clean and had plenty of room below the tail. Each riser on the round had its own cutaway cable that I reached up and pulled with each hand.

The first jump I cutaway only one side first because I always wanted to see what that was like. The round streamered for a while and then re-inflated as the cutaway lines got tangled with the other lines. I floated around for about five minutes and then cutaway the other riser. The second jump I cutaway both risers simultaneously.

Would you like to see some video of it?
Have Fun, Don't Die!
Johnny Utah
My Website
email:[email protected]

i did one 1,5month ago,no problem:)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Oh yes!

I'd like to see this video!

and btw, I bought your BD safety video...Thanks
It is cool!

Ourson #2

there will be a video on my web about mine(same as Johnny just told/made mine were just for the fun,nothing else;)).i guess it will be there from sunday

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

>>Interesting...I've wondered what it must be like to dangle from a riser...looks like a low speed partial

my vid is now uploaded at my site aswell.

Johnny. looks you had loads of fun:)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber