leroydb

oregon base

any out there? please PM me..
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

All the real Oregon jumpers are dead.

Peace,

D-d0g
+~+~+~+~
But this, surely, was the glory that no spirits, canine or human, had ever clearly seen, the light that never was on land or sea, and yet is glimpsed by the quickened mind everywhere.

Peace,

D-d0g

No personal attack. Just an opinion.
It was nice not having someone to compete with for the "drama queen" title I so dearly coveted.
Maybe you weren't really friends with one of the guys who offers a bounce proof BASE course, nor were you friends with the person who filmed in freefall DW flying through the guy wires. In my dimented, little, alcohol soaked mind, I would consider those two guys REAL oregon BASE jumpers.
Maybe they were just SNARKY ALLIES to you.

[sarcastic remark] RIP BASE! [/sarcastic remark]

oh wait.....all I do is talk about it. Never mind me. someone should caveat my remarks.

Thomas

All the real Portland jumpers are dead.

Ouch... that hurt, man. :-(

Raistlin
find / -name jumpers -print; cat jumpers $USER > manifest; cd /dev/airplane; more altitude; make jump; cd /pub; more beer;

Er?

How do you define a "real Oregon jumper"?

-Josh
If you have time to panic, you have time to do something more productive. -Me*
*Ron has accused me of plagiarizing this quote. He attributes it to Douglas Adams.

dude seek help..i liked the old ddog but i cant find him anymore..[:/]

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

You guys take everything too seriously. It's far too easy to stir the pot with a couple of words here nowadays.

Can anybody imagine Nik after a few gallons of red wine, poking the soft underbelly and getting the easy rise? Nodaways we're all supposed to say media-friendly things and think media-friendly thoughts and live media-friendly lives I guess.

When a big percentage of the senior jumpers in a given locale end up dead, you can either laugh or cry. Or both. But you never forget.

Seriously, think about it.

D-d0g

ps: Thomas, go back to the bottle it's your destiny.
+~+~+~+~
But this, surely, was the glory that no spirits, canine or human, had ever clearly seen, the light that never was on land or sea, and yet is glimpsed by the quickened mind everywhere.

I think your referring to the latest generation of "senior" jumpers. Most of the REAL senior jumpers that I know in that area did not go in. Granted a few did, but most didn't and those that didn't are still alive and kicking. They just faded away long before you appeared. One day you will fade away (if your lucky) and the newbies will have no idea who you were either.

sorry ddog but by after DW,you only posted dark things,how are we to suspect that that post wasnt?

I dont want to discus this its just how i read it,i would have taken it as fun in the days were you always seemed to wanted to help and could make jokes,but its not the impress ive got of you now,sorry[:/]

edit: about Thomas i think he has showen improvement from back,were he could ruin a tread,i dont see that often anymore.perhaps you guys should make peace or agree not to post to each other??? both of you never has anything nice to say about the other one...

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I think your referring to the latest generation of "senior" jumpers. Most of the REAL senior jumpers that I know in that area did not go in. Granted a few did, but most didn't and those that didn't are still alive and kicking. They just faded away long before you appeared. One day you will fade away (if your lucky) and the newbies will have no idea who you were either.

No disrespect to previous generations, though I was referring to "senior jumpers" and not really "the list of people who at one point or another have been Oregon jumpers and who may or may not be jumping right now." Note also that I didn't use the word "most," as you did. My exact words were "a big percentage," which of course is worthlessly vague in and of itself.

My semantic nitpicking aside, your words are well spoken.

Peace,

D-d0g
+~+~+~+~