Skylark

Kjerag

Hi Space!

I have been at work, and could not response your post!

I said when you have done your home work!(Enough air time from plane, trained for surten situations, jumped helicopter etc) You should also visualize if you got a bad exit! I dont like people pretend it cant happen to them (dont think or talk about bad exits)! I do not think a huge arch is the way to go, often they go out from exit with feet together, high arms (no upwards movements on the exit), go out arch, and kick their ass! So what happens? all force is going out and down, put them directly in to a headdown! they arch more and fall over to one side, struggle to arch, and put more power/force to the energy that already have started, and out of controll. If they go out with one feet in front of the other, low arms, trow them up when they exit, try to have a relaxed body position, and if they have a headdown, do not arch and kick your ass, try to fly it out. I still believe a calm handle of the situation the first seconds, would be better! but if you are out of controll, do what you need to do, pull in time!!! A lot of near misses I have seen is overreacting to the situation. Be with it and dont struggle! I dont know how to explain better, but will try if someone do not understand where I try to point! But if someone think I am way out there, I will shut my mouth! I just try to say It is not always a good idea to overreact in surten situations, but I do agree with you space if you cant handle the the way I try to explain, do like you did when you had your first static line, arch like hell, pull in time, and hope it will save you!

Have a nice weekend

>>Hey 434

>>Haven't had one but I know it's in the mail so I have some questions/comments about some points you made:

...often they go out from exit with feet together, high arms (no upwards movements on the exit), go out arch, and kick their ass! So what happens? all force is going out and down, put them directly in to a headdown!

>>I've seen this too, sometimes people treat it like a diving exit from a plane; the down angle on launch puts them into a head-down position, and the feet on their ass serves to keep them there, until they freak and try and roll over and maybe start tumbling...

If they go out with one feet in front of the other, low arms, trow them up when they exit, try to have a relaxed body position, and if they have a headdown, do not arch and kick your ass, try to fly it out. I still believe a calm handle of the situation the first seconds, would be better!

>>Good advice but I'm curious about the one foot in front of the other part can you elaborate?

Visualise a unstable exit, try to relax, or go relaxed with the force...
...Dont work against/struggle the force! If you do, you end up using valuble time , or putting in some more power to the unstable exit, resulting a unstable fall for a longer period!

>>At first I thought you might have meant "visualize a stable exit" but now I see you didn't. So when it happens, it sounds like you can make the situation worse by overcompensating and getting panicky, and you can make it better by feeling which way you're losing it and and adjusting your body position to compensate yes?

O.K. I'll argue with you. Your funny looking and your feet smell

That is not arguing, ya gotta challenge my post Kev.
I know my feet smell and my nose runs, does this mean I am hooked up backwards? Visit me.
Take care,
space

I agree with you that a huge arch exit is not the way to go, Throwing ones hands/arms back during the exit induces a headdown vector. Try it now, put your hands spread out 30cm in front of your face and pull them back, Notice how you head goes fwd? Add this to the weightlessness of the exit and you gotta prob if you don´t compensate otherwise.
The major prob with an extended body position on exit is that one can not slow down the induced rotational energy acrobatically,
http://www.blincmagazine.com/forum/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=2289&mesg_id=2289&listing_type=searchwanting
The task now is to get this info to the skydivers.
Take care,
space