zootoggles

Bridge day 2003 DVD

I was told that it'll be ready in less than 2 weeks.
If you didn't know, Cajones lost a LOT of equipment in the Elsinore fire about a week ago. Fortunately, the BDay 2003 video was not lost.

I've just ordered 25 copies to sell on www.bridgeday.info, and I'll be taking preorders by this weekend.

Cya.
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

just a quick question . i was wondering when the vhs video that we ordered at bridge day was going to be shipped . i ordered it at b.d. and wanted to check it out then order the dvd if it was going to be. thanx in advance
till later have fun & love each other seeya mb65johnny gates

Here's the news, straight from the source...

Final cuts have been delayed a bit. I am presently making backups of the original footage. The master tapes were lost in the Elsinore fire and I have become quite paranoid.

If something happened to the edit before backups were made, I'd be completely screwed. As soon as the backups are done, I'l finish cleaning it up and get copies out ASAP.

The video is a non-nonsense painfully long educational experience. Plenty of picture-in-picture views of exit viewed from above and a smaller view of the opening viewed from below. I have done my best to sychronize every one of these beauties so you can see staging of openings and body position/packing relationships.

It is being encoded at a high bitrate to preserve as much quality as possible and split into two DVD's because quality this high will not fit onto a single 4.7GB DVD. We spent a good bit more on the encoding software to get AC-3 audio and increase compatibility. Grab your remotes and keep your trigger-finger on the slow-mo button.

Just a little more patience...

- Cajones

The laws of physics are strictly enforced.

Dude sorry to hear about your losses in the fire.

I'm sure that when it does finally come out it will first rate and well worth the (unintended) wait. B|

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

Contact Cajones using his email address listed in his profile for further info.
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

Jason,
What email address did you use? Did you try calling Ed?
You can also call or email me if for some strange reason calling and emailing Ed isn't getting to him. I've just called Ed and directed him to the forums to reply to this.

peace
lew
http://www.exitshot.com

The video looks awesome!

I have gone through and cleaned up everything and I am running the first encode session, right now.

We have been turned on to some double-sided DVD-R recordables that are being used instead of two separate discs.

The manufacturer claims over a 92% compatibility - the highest in the single-layer industry. The first few should trickle out late this week with the rest in delivery over the following week.

Thanks to all of you for your patience with the short learning curve of DVD production and the setbacks resulting from the fire. You will be rewarded with a very high quality video.

- Cajones

bump...

not being impatient or anything ( well, maybe a little bit ), but would like to know the status. I ordered on the 17th of feb...

tnx

DVD's are supposed to be in transit to my office for arrival this week.

Not yet. Ed sent a few out to the jumpers who pre-purchased the DVD while at Bridge Day 2003. He had some minor bit rate and compatibility issues with the double sided DVD's he's using. He's now burning them with a different DVD and working on the bit rate fix.

This has been a huge pain!

There is more to learn about DVD's than I thought possible.

The big problem I have come upon is the rapid scene changes inherent to the Bridge Day production wreak havok with the encoding process.

We made a sizeable investment in excellent DVD encoding software and this has helped but it does not automate the process with a project of this size.

The finished product is right at 4 hours long (split into two parts for each side of the DVD) and I am discovering requires manually encoding small pieces in multiple passes to make them clean (free of "digital noise").

This step was not planned and has forced me to recall all of the videos previously shipped.

The fix for this is laborious but is the only way to keep quality high for something this large with the resources we have.

And I thought I was going to have some time off for fun...
:S

- Cajones

well,

i feel yuor pain man. Everytime I start something new and supposedly exciting, it turns out to be a project with a big P :)

But let us know if we can help. I got a few spare hours and a dozen computers laying around :)

oh yeah, and a an empty bottle too :)

Email the guy who is making the video and ask.

[email protected]

I am duplicating, right now. The errors have been fixed and replacements for defective DVD's are going out as they are produced.

- Cajones