Science

Florida Jumpers...? Part 2

All I want to do is jump. I am hoping that someone out there knows this urge and can offer me some help. Think back to the day that you had one jump. Imagine that all the years it took to get the experience, and friends to make that one jump are gone. It is that place that I am. Believe you me I have done my share of groundcrew and such, I have paid my dues. PLEASE, PLEASE, help.

Thanks,

Sean

Have you tried posting to the BASE Board? There are more regular BASE jumpers reading that forum than this one.

Also, don't feel too bad about it. I know three very experienced BASE jumpers (myself among them) who have visited Florida this year and been unable to find any locals who were willing to share.

I believe it was Nick G who pointed out that Deland was the the first place (and probably still the only one) that he heard the term "locals only tower." Florida has never struck me as the friendliest place to look for local jumpers.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I believe it was Nick G who pointed out that Deland was the the first place (and probably still the only one) that he heard the term "locals only tower." Florida has never struck me as the friendliest place to look for local jumpers.

I believe "locals only" originally referred to a less then obvious road to this object. It was a joke: this antenna has been jumped by more different, mostly visiting people then any other tower in the world. 5 years ago Florida was a very friendly place. I guess it has changed since the number of jumpers increased about tenfold and available objects keep burning...

And of course it'll never be the same without Vertigo ;)

bsbd!

Yuri.

Thanks you guys for the input, it sounds like I got my work cut out for me.

Well, my folks just moved down to that area recently and I can literally see that tower's lights blinking from my bedroom window (when I visit).

460 & I tried our darndest to get hold of locals but couldn't. I didn't want to fsck up and burn it (though it sounds like that's difficult to do) so I was just extra careful & didn't mess with the 'vader or anything.

I knew it's reputation so I was really hoping to hook up with some locals when I went out there to jump. To my amazement, nobody was there so I wound up doing a solo.

Just have to keep trying to get hold of them. :P

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

nobody was there so I wound up doing a solo.

well if i jump at the same time here,could we then call it that we jumped together?:Syou guys are welcome here i dont hide and i gladly share my playground(which normal only contains me in it[:/])

But think positive now you gould get your nude and trans jumps whith out anyone saw you;)just rember the video,or it didnt happen.. rember.. he he

Stay safe
Stefan Faber