blair700

Protective Gear

So I know there are probably some threads here or on other forums pertaining specifially to protective equipment, but new stuff is always coming out (i got a SWEET pair of kneepads for Christmas) so I am intersted in products being used in the BASE environment.....excluding footware and helmets. What kind of knee/leg armor are you using, elbow/knee/shoulder armor, etc. Chest or body armor or back braces. Let me know your thoughts on it and how its features/design make it good for BASE.
Also, if you have something that isn't easy to find, how about a link to where its available.

I use Protec Elbow pads and Fox Knee/shin gaurds.

Look here to view the kneepads and also surf the site a little bit.

Tom A has a nice set of body armour, I plan to purchase a set for myself. I'll look for that URL unless Tom finds his way on line today.

Here's the link to theDainese Body Armor website

(thanks AndyMan)

Boots I use Henwag fly 2000 Paragliding boots. I won't jump with out them. 250 bucks for boot's has already saved around 10,000 bucks in new Steel rods for my legs.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Tom A has a nice set of body armour, I plan to purchase a set for myself. I'll look for that URL unless Tom finds his way on line today.

Here is the Dainese Body Armor tom mentioned:

http://www.motorace.com/body_safety/body_safety.htm

I'm thinking about getting some for swooping...

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Have you used the Bohn system that Actionstation sells?

I've got a set of it, and I far prefer the Dainese armor. I have this slightly older model (check out my forum pic--I've got the full set on in that photo).

The Dainese armor has hard shells over the protective pieces, adding protection for sharp edges and other pointed impacts. I know that mine has saved me on several occasions when my Bohn armor would have allowed an injury.

I do like the low-profile Bohn system for sneaky jumps, because it is a bit easier to hide under street clothes. But for general use, I like the Dainese quite a bit more.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I have this slightly older model (check out my forum pic--I've got the full set on in that photo).

Are you also wearing those sexy leather pants?

Are you also wearing those sexy leather pants?

Wouldn't you ?;)
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto