kmfreefly

what's up at the BASE board

Apparently, Mick has upgraded the forum software. To reach the forae, one must go through the "Forum" button on the upper left of the index (home) page. Then there is a redirect, then a menu, then the core BASE board with a couple of mandatory announcements pasted to the top of the list.

I find the new design to be essentially unreadable, though perhaps there are others with super duper eyes who can puzzle out the tiny type and white-on-black contrast overload.

Anyway, always an adventure. . .

Peace,

D-d0g
[email protected]
www.wrinko.com
+~+~+~+~
But this, surely, was the glory that no spirits, canine or human, had ever clearly seen, the light that never was on land or sea, and yet is glimpsed by the quickened mind everywhere.

Apparently, Mick has upgraded the forum software. To reach the forae, one must go through the "Forum" button on the upper left of the index (home) page. Then there is a redirect, then a menu, then the core BASE board with a couple of mandatory announcements pasted to the top of the list.

I find the new design to be essentially unreadable, though perhaps there are others with super duper eyes who can puzzle out the tiny type and white-on-black contrast overload.

Anyway, always an adventure. . .

Peace,

D-d0g
[email protected]
www.wrinko.com

Yes I did upgrade, and have asked for help in assessing anything wrong.
So.....What can't you read? I can change things only if I know there is a problem.
Mick Knutson
* BLiNC Magazine "Everything you ever wanted to know about Parachuting, but didn't know whom to ask."

Mick, I'll submit some detailed feedback at the site. My apologies for the "drive by review" posted here - I just got back in the States and haven't taken the time yet to give you direct feedback that can be used to improve the site after the upgrade.

In general, the text size I've seen from the new forum on several different browsers is very small - perhaps it is defaulting to a certain font that paints smaller than usual on the screen?

Peace,

D-d0g
[email protected]
www.wrinko.com
+~+~+~+~
But this, surely, was the glory that no spirits, canine or human, had ever clearly seen, the light that never was on land or sea, and yet is glimpsed by the quickened mind everywhere.

Mick, I'll submit some detailed feedback at the site. My apologies for the "drive by review" posted here - I just got back in the States and haven't taken the time yet to give you direct feedback that can be used to improve the site after the upgrade.

In general, the text size I've seen from the new forum on several different browsers is very small - perhaps it is defaulting to a certain font that paints smaller than usual on the screen?

Peace,

D-d0g
[email protected]
www.wrinko.com

No problem, but this is the very feedback I need.
If you could give me an idea as to how much larger you think it needs to be, that would help. I think most fonts are 10Points currently.

I do know that the purple on Black is hard to read, and am currently looking for someone to help redesign the site look-and-feel to eliminate this issue, but that could be a couple of months away yet.
Mick Knutson
* BLiNC Magazine "Everything you ever wanted to know about Parachuting, but didn't know whom to ask."

Yo Mick, I just wanted to take a sec to thank you for providing us with such a cool place to communicate. Your hard work hasn't gone unnoticed. Take it easy. ---Dex

Lots of font-definitions in dc.css. I tried the page with a local css-file, and these sizes seemed to work pretty well.

font size now --> change to
12px --> 14px
10px --> 12px
9px --> 10px

That would be pretty close to the old forum.

Yo Mick, I just wanted to take a sec to thank you for providing us with such a cool place to communicate. Your hard work hasn't gone unnoticed. Take it easy. ---Dex

You should post this on _MY_ forum then.
:P
Mick Knutson

Hey Mick, aren't you from South Africa?

It's kind of a funny coincidence how the guys who run the two big parachuting boards... you with Blinc and Sangiro from this board... are both South African. You guys know each other at all?

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

Lots of font-definitions in dc.css. I tried the page with a local css-file, and these sizes seemed to work pretty well.

font size now --> change to
12px --> 14px
10px --> 12px
9px --> 10px

That would be pretty close to the old forum.

Try it now.
PS, any thought on an alternative color to the grey headers? I can't change the purple link color yet.
Mick Knutson

Hey Mick, aren't you from South Africa?

It's kind of a funny coincidence how the guys who run the two big parachuting boards... you with Blinc and Sangiro from this board... are both South African. You guys know each other at all?

No, I am from Lake Tahoe California. Never been to SA, but want to go really bad as there is some cool BASE there.
Mick Knutson

No, I am from Lake Tahoe California. Never been to SA

Hrm. Wonder where I got that goofy idea. *shrug*

Oh well. Neeeever-mind. ;)

BTW. Been to Tahoe. Beautiful place.

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

I do know that the purple on Black is hard to read, and am currently looking for someone to help redesign the site look-and-feel to eliminate this issue, but that could be a couple of months away yet

I used to have black background and silver or grey fonts on my icq and it worked good, its not that shiny and not that dark and gives some kind of gothic feeling B|

HISPA 21
www.panamafreefall.com