R00tj00se

Packing tickets

Thought I'd ask this here as it seems to be mentioned on BASE sites more often then not.
What is involved in a Packer A rating and a Packer B rating?
Over in the UK all I have is a signature to say I can pack - that's it. Is this an American thing?

Hope, ain't no American thing.

All we have is a requirement for the A license that states we must be able to pack. It's some sort of European deal, believe somewhere in the Nordic regions.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

Thought I'd ask this here as it seems to be mentioned on BASE sites more often then not.
What is involved in a Packer A rating and a Packer B rating?
Over in the UK all I have is a signature to say I can pack - that's it. Is this an American thing?

I believe you are referring to the ratings in Australia, which are mentioned on the Australian BASE Association page, under "BASE Prerequisites".

Gear and Rigging might be a better forum for this question, but I'm not sure how many Aussies read that forum.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

In Australia, a packer B rating means you can pack any main parachute (tandem, student etc). Packer A is a reserve parachute rating. These ratings are usually obtained by completing a course with a qualified rigger/packer. I guess the ABA wants potential BASE jumpers to know everything they possibly can about packing skydiving canopies before they get involved in BASE. Makes sense to me.