AND1

alterations to my rig for wingsuiting

hi all as i have just completed my first wingsuit jump and now I'm hooked just wondering, i have just took delivery of my new rig for normal fun jumps and my old rig is a now a dedicated wingsuit rig I'm wanting to convert if fully for wingsuiting now my question is

1,what size pilot chute is best for wingsuiting
2,what length bridle line is best
and is there anything else i need to change on my rig

Pilot chute: (somewhat main-dependent) a 28"-31" should be right in most situations. I use a 30" on all of my mains (135-170)

Length of bridle: Not longer than 9' from pin. 7-9' is common. Anything longer than 9', the bridle has a lot of drag on its own (unless you're one of those guys that uses Spectra as a bridle);)

What kind of rig is your old rig/wingsuit rig?

I never thought that I could feel the line coming out of the stows on a regular bag until I jumped a semi stowless. It was so smooth I thought something was wrong. I have a semi stowless bag from UPT and I love it. I use it on wingsuit and regular jumps. Very clean openings with no bag rock. I jump a wings and measured my container and stock bag then called UPT and they sent me the closest bag they make. This is the second rig I've done this with and had zero problems. I do not like the magnetic "party bags" as they could snag on something and cause an out of sequence deployment. I know a few people with the magnetic ones and they have never had a problem but the potential still exists in the ones I've seen. I do not have the wingsuit mod but the corners on a wings are only sewed about halfway so it's like a semi wingsuit mod.;) Hope this helps.

"If I can't be my own, I'll feel better dead." Layne Staley