Mac

Leo Valentin: "Bird Man" First Edition - Added Bonus

Thought some of you history junkies 'might' find this interesting (well I did).

I bought a first edition copy of Leo Valentin Bird Man, and in the back was stuck an original newspaper article from the UK Newspaper The Daily Mirror, dated Tuesday 22 May 1958, reporting Leos death.

Also attached (which I just found amusing), was the original library (Derby Mechanics Institution) notice reminding borrowers that there is a 40 Shilling fine attached to returning a book that had been exposed to infectious diseases.

Thought some of you history junkies 'might' find this interesting (well I did).

I bought a first edition copy of Leo Valentin Bird Man, and in the back was stuck an original newspaper article from the UK Newspaper The Daily Mirror, dated Tuesday 22 May 1958, reporting Leos death.

Also attached (which I just found amusing), was the original library (Derby Mechanics Institution) notice reminding borrowers that there is a 40 Shilling fine attached to returning a book that had been exposed to infectious diseases.

Oh, wow. I have a first edition in great shape myself, but no bonus article. Great find!