RMK

Wingsuit HALO in Jun or Sep 2010

I did a 30K jump at Skydance (w/ Tad Smith) a few years ago and am now planning to go back and do a wingsuit HALO. They normally do these on two weekends in either June or September. I had a look through the old threads on wingsuit HALOs.

Are there any other groups/persons planning the same this coming year? I’m also interested in any useful tips/links. On my last HALO, the two O2 bottles were strapped to my left leg. From reading the prior threads, I see, for WS, some have put them inside their suits or below their rigs. What’s the consensus on best practice? Or is that still experimentation in progress?
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

Had some PMs on this, so to share the basic info

Requirements:

1. 200 jumps
2. FAA Class III Medical
- $75 in US, £100 in UK
3. Hypobaric Chamber Training
- Ranges from $75-400; latter if private, former is via CAMI and done at a US military base on a civilian day (did mine at Andrews AFB, it was quite fun)

I’ll check the new pricing when Skydance is open on Wednesday, but from memory it was $425 for first timers and about $375 with prior HALO jump training. This included a weekend with full briefings/equipment. Two training jumps from normal height (one with O2 gear on but not activated, one with O2 activated). Then a 5am start on jump day beginning with a one-hour pre breath.

2009 dates were 12-14Jun & 18-20Sep, so I expect similar this year. I'll post exact dates/prices on later in week.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"