leggit

learning to fly

Hey all,
I've got 200 jumps, mostly rel work stuff. I've wanted to fly wing suits since I started jumping and am now in the position were I am looking at getting a suit some time soon. My freefall skills are good and I've read everything I can find about flying...obviously I still need to know a lot more. I live in Australia so I don't know how many instructors are around...apart from getting a suit and going hard;) what's the best to go about getting into it?
Cheers!

The best way to go, for sure, is to find the nearest BM-I. You'll learn to do it right and safely.

I didn't say this, but if you can't find a BM-I, find someone with at least 150 wingsuit jumps. You could also just get more jumps in, read up like crazy, and practice, then do it when you're for sure ready.

I never formal instruction, but I read the manuals, talked to people, and then did about 25 tracking dives, all BirdMan style (exit, flight plan, and deployment). My first wingsuit jump was with my own suit. ;) And I'm not the only one to have done this.

Try borrowing a camera suit, too, and do some tracking dives on that.

But seek out a BM-I first. Travel if you need to... it's worth it.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click