JayhawkJumper

rigid birdman wings and Adrian's suit

I was curious about a couple birdman suits I've seen. Does Adrian Nicholas fly a suit he made himself like for his world record or was that a birdman suit?

I've also seen a couple pictures, but never seen or heard of this birdman like contraption that is basically rigid wings that you put on under your harness. It looks very strange, but has anyone seen or flown one of these things?

I met Adrian last year in Puerto Rico. The last day of the boogie I did my first wingsuit on a Birdman GTI. Thanks for bringin me to the flock Jari. Such a beautiful place for a wingsuit jump. The view of being the last one out at 14 grand and being about a mile out over the ocean was incredible.

Later that night I was fortunate enough to spend a few hours talking with Adrian. Since my BASE mentor (GG) was also present, I was a total sponge absorbing all the info I could. Adrian's suits are made by his girlfriend, Katarina, who spent a good while letting us pick her brain on wing design.

I can't say enough about the 4 people mentioned above. Many thanks for all the info and experience that you all shared with me.

And for all the newbies that say it's so dificult to find info out there. Not one of the persons above ever charged me a dime for instruction or talking. You just gotta get out there, be cool and at the end of the day offer up some chilled Heinekens and its that easy.

I'm no expert or aeronatical engineer but the difference between Jari's and Adrian's suits are basically theory and design.

I'm curious if some you out there have ever jumped another winsuit or have flown with Adrian? I don't know if the offer still stands, but Adrian offered us suits at a comparable price to Birdman but since they only make suits custom tailored to each body, they're not available to demo.

Problems just be opportunities in der workin' clothes.