Madison

New pups in WI

This past weekend a beginner CRW camp was held at SkyKnights DZ in East Troy, WI. taught and organized by Hairy Bob and Jim Rasmussen.
There were 6 people in the camp who all did remarkably well for beginners. Lots of great flying doing rotations, stacks, offsets, planes, tagging diamonds, and even decent landings!

Congrats to the new pups: Dan Raymund, Tim Shue, Julie Kniech, Brian Martin, and John Bechtel for all getting their four stack awards!! There were no injuries and one fatality = a deer, that Todd Zimmerman hit w/ his car driving home Sat. nite[:/] He's O.K., his car was not, which prevented him from getting his four stack I'm confident he would have gotten on Sun.

Weather cooperated beautifully which wasn't expected at all for Sun. All jumps were done out of a PAC 750 flown by Raven and everyone at East Troy treated us awesome.

Three of the pups are seriously looking to buy lightnings, so PLEASE if anyone has any 160's or 176's they want to sell you can PM me here or shoot something to the CRW list.

There really is nothing cooler than the excitement and energy people have after a CRW jump, and I haven't seen beginners this pumped up about CRW in quite awhile. Very refreshing!

Bob and Jim did a great job organizing. Everyone that jumped landed in the landing area, Linda Ruiz got in on some jumps, & I got to do some video as well.

I'm attaching a few pics that were taken by Hoochie (Tim Hajewski) who followed the last CRW load. He got footage of Jim, John, Dan and Brian and then flew down and caught Bob and Tim flying a two stack. Very nicely done.

Hope to see you all soon at Jumptown, and if you wanna come play before that; WI is beautiful this time of year!
CRW Skies,
April
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

I can’t say enough good things about the beginner CRW camp this past weekend (June 2008) at SkyKnights DZ in East Troy, WI. So I’ll TRY to make this short and sweet! I’m still pretty jacked up from the enthusiasm the beginners displayed and getting to video their quick progression. It was beyond fun!

The class was taught and organized by Jim Rasmussen who did an excellent job of it. Fear quickly transformed into elation and good flying techniques.

The beginner camp was made up of: Annie Jackson, Nicole Fain, Jef LeRette, and Jeff Dawson. Brian Martin and John Bechtel also got in on the fun and it was cool to see their skill improvement since last year’s camp they were in. Jef, Nicole, and Annie all got their 4-stack awards and already want to purchase Lightnings!

There were no squirrelly whirlies, wraps, or entanglements. We did have to wait on some weather, but it ended up cooperating more than expected. I’ll also say this: don’t ever tell someone they CAN’T land a Lightning. Not only did they do it exceptionally well, but also on one out landing Annie and Nicole ended up doing an unexpected PRO Demo into a wedding reception, which was very impressive. When they landed, with children running at them, they waved to the crowd and got pictures taken with the bride. One would usually pay quite a bit for such a good show at their wedding! All the camp participants really did a wonderful job of applying their new flying skill-sets as the dives went on.

I’ll never get over the pure energy that comes off of someone after they do their first CRW jump, especially after getting their four-stack award. That same energy will stay with one throughout their CRW “career”, which was very apparent when Jim and I drove home ecstatic after we had gotten to do CRW this past weekend. That, sums up CRW…it really does.

I’d like to thank Jim “Razz” Rasmussen, all that were in the camp, Manifest, the Staff, Ravin for flying (and mowing), and the rest of the jumpers there. Thanks to Hoochie as well for getting still shots when my still cam. failed in the air. I’ll also thank the farmer who planted alfalfa instead of soy beans in that one field I landed in.

You ALL made us feel at home and like we were part of your family. It’s DZ’s like East Troy that keep this sport going where it should be. Thank you all so very, very much!

This is where the WI CRW record attempt will take place Aug.15-17th, and I can already promise anyone who attends that it will be a truly amazing time.

Attached photos are:
1) Jim and Annie in a two stack Photo by: April Schuldt
2) Jim, Nicole, John, and Brian building a four stack Photo by: Hoochie (Tim Hajewski)
3) Jim, Nicole, John, and Brian completing for Nicole's four stack award Photo by: Hoochie

I’ll put out a small video that I took of Annie's four stack tomorrow.
Blue Skies and Keep doing CRW,
April Schuldt
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.