kkeenan

To Be, or Not to Be...

Recent events have led to a lot of thinking in our little CRW family. I feel that this is a very good thing. Sometimes you don't appreciate something, or someone, until that thing or person is lost, or almost lost. That's how I have felt, anyway. I'm ever-appreciative of this group that I am lucky enough to belong to. In a special group of humans (skydivers) I think that the CRW folks are extra special, not only for who they are individually, but for the sense of family that we share. I have a deep respect and love for you all, which has been strengthened and reinforced greatly this week.

I wrote a short question on one of the DZ.com forums, because it is read by a huge number of fellow jumpers of all sorts. I think that the responses have been very interesting and have helped me to put this week's events into perspective. I've always felt that the more data one has to consider, the closer is is possible to come to a complete understanding. Of course, I don't pretend to think that a situation like this is possible to understand completely. Physical problems like spaceflight and canopy formation building are possible to solve, given enough time and brainpower. However, philosophical and emotional questions, are things that one can only hope to work toward more - not complete - understanding.

Anyway, the thread in in the "Bonfire" forum at

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=1979711

Blue Skies,
Kevin Keenan