shotat

Upgrades to old style Javelin

I have an older Javelin that I just purchased. I am going to get the soft cutaway housing replaced with metal and a new BOC with bridle guard put on. Unfortunately you cannot get the reserve modification to make the pin protector flap tuck in. I still have 3 questions.
#1. Are there any other mods that would improve the rig?
#2. The rig already has a pocket on both sides for the riser tabs to tuck into. Does Sunpath have a way of improving this for freeflying?
#3 Since the rig was manufactured in 1994, what is the life expectancy? Or will Aggie tell me that when he gets it? ****Never mind, I just saw the thread that already asked that question*****

***How come all the rich kids get to make all of the jumps?***

Take a rubber band and put it around the top closing flap and the protector flap. Keep it below and clear of the closing loop and it will keep the flap closed in freefall. I will drive people nuts because they think it prevent you reserve from opening. If you think thats a problem but it on at you next repack and table pull the reserve.
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Take a rubber band and put it around the top closing flap and the protector flap. Keep it below and clear of the closing loop and it will keep the flap closed in freefall. I will drive people nuts because they think it prevent you reserve from opening. If you think thats a problem but it on at you next repack and table pull the reserve.
Sparky

I have a 92 Javelin and dont have any probelems with the reserve flap popping open. I have however seen the elatic band thingy done by a few people, all of whom, swear it's safe.B|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I used to have an old style Javelin before I bought this one. I had it when sit-flying was all the rage and never once did that reserve cover pop open.
It was a great idea to make them tuckable but the untuckable ones are hard enough to get open just sitting on the ground.

***How come all the rich kids get to make all of the jumps?***